Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metric Threads, Spanners & Pitch Table (Read 110 times)
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Metric Threads, Spanners & Pitch Table
09/02/08 at 07:29:22

Here's a handy table that helps you know which metric wrench (or spanner) to use with a given thread size bolt, along with the typical pitch. Or it can be used to figure out the thread diameter based on the nut size or hex cap size.  I keep a copy in my toolbox.

It's easy to get confused when you use a 10mm wrench to remove a bolt and then someone tells you you need an M6 x 1.00 pitch bolt of x length. Huh....shouldn't I get a 10MM bolt? Or you'll see that the Clymers will give you a torque setting for a nut that fastens to a 9mm thread and you have to use a 14mm spanner.  Huh?

Note also that it is a good thing to have your own metric pitch gauge so you can determine if it is a std, fine or japanese pitch.  Usually it is just std or fine.

Hopefully, this will clear up the mystery. And didn't they tell us in school that the metric system was easy?  Wink

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 02:25:04

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Metric Threads, Spanners & Pitch Table

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.