Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuel Tank Replacement Idea (Read 170 times)
savage_sax
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fuel Tank Replacement Idea
09/01/08 at 14:23:28

I sold my '03 Suzuki GZ250 to a friend and bought a '96 Savage.  Today I was looking at the GZ250 tank and it sure looks like it would fit on the Savage.  The tank bolt/seat front configuration looks the same.  The GZ has a 3.7 gal capacity compared to the 2.9 gal capacity on the Savage.  I'm going to try to talk him into letting me take his tank off and set it on my bike to see how it works.  I'll keep you posted.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Fuel Tank Replacement Idea
Reply #1 - 09/01/08 at 15:24:32

There's another guy here on this forum who is thinking of a GZ/LS tank swap. He has the GZ tank but I haven't heard if he has completed the mod yet.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #2 - 09/01/08 at 18:30:58

Please keep us up dated. I think the 1 big weakness on the Savage is the small tank. If the GZ swaps in easly, it would certainly be worth doing.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 09/02/08 at 12:06:35

savage_sax wrote on 09/01/08 at 14:23:28:
I sold my '03 Suzuki GZ250 to a friend and bought a '96 Savage.  Today I was looking at the GZ250 tank and it sure looks like it would fit on the Savage.  The tank bolt/seat front configuration looks the same.  The GZ has a 3.7 gal capacity compared to the 2.9 gal capacity on the Savage.  I'm going to try to talk him into letting me take his tank off and set it on my bike to see how it works.  I'll keep you posted.

Also look at the front end.   The Gz250 has the speedo pickup in the wheel.   If the speedo cable would fit, it would be a nice swap for the chain conversion crew.   It look like the brake is almost the same.......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #4 - 09/02/08 at 18:20:08

i'm pretty sure that who ever was trying it said it wouldnt fit. i was looking through some old posts last week and came across a little tid bit of info. it seems that there was another savage forum awhile ago and one of the members successfully used a kawasaki vulcan tank, without much modification.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:31:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel Tank Replacement Idea

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.