Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oil leak (Read 54 times)
Seth
YaBB Newbies

Indianapolis
oil leak
08/31/08 at 16:25:19

Well, I just did a search for this, came up with a bunch of random stuff, but nothing that really helped, so here we go, I apologize in advance for starting a new thread on probably an already old topic.

I've got an oil leak, that's really pissing me off now, it's leaking out both sides of my ?head?  in the cooling fins.  I still haven't found a clymers anywhere yet, and haven't had whole lot of time to do anything, still moving in, but can anyone tell me anything about this oil leak.

01 Savage 650, 01 Dodge 2500 4x4 CTD with mods, 72 Jeepster Commando.
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Re: oil leak
Reply #1 - 08/31/08 at 16:57:02

Someone posted a copy of the Clymers manual here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3785883/Suzuki_LS_650_Savage__86_a__04_-_Serv...

Might be helpful until you get your hardcopy. The manual will walk you thru the steps of checking the torque on your bolts and condition of your gaskets, etc.  Good luck.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: oil leak
Reply #2 - 08/31/08 at 17:01:15

Check out this thread Seth: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1099227295. Sounds like you may have the cylinder head plug/cap leak. Thanks to those on this forum who posted this information, we have a diagnosis. I'm not saying i'm 100% sure that you have the same problem, but there is a good chance.

The oil gets on the fins by running down from the cap/plug (not spark plug). Also, wipe the bike down and go for a ride. Bring it back home, park it and look at the left side of the fins for oil. Then, walk away for 30 minutes, come back and look at the left side of cylinder fins again. When the bike is tilted to the left on the kickstand, the force of gravity will cause the oil will run down the left side. Is it a PITA? Yes, but more of an annoyance than a danger to your motor. I have the same thing, and will take care of it in the winter. For now, only a few good months of riding left in the Northeast, and I'll spend them riding not wrenching.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:29:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil leak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.