Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you include pix in posts and new topics? (Read 173 times)
Royal
YaBB Newbies

Ride like the Devil,
he's gaining on you.

Kansas and Texas
How do you include pix in posts and new topics?
08/31/08 at 09:53:49

How do you get pictures in your posts? I have tried uploading pictures to bikepics.com and then listing them for a download with no luck. I tried using the attachment feature below this window when starting a new topic but I can't get a picture to show up (only a notation to reselect the attachment for security purposes). Picture was down sized to well below 250KB. What is the procedure to post a picture that will show up in the post without a link to another website? I read the how-to post and everything went pretty good until it said to open another tab in the browser with site that has pix and click menu/properties/copy/paste. I lost suzuki/savage website a couple of times. Nothing shows up in the preview.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: How do you include pix in posts and new topics
Reply #1 - 08/31/08 at 10:56:53

Sounds like you may accidentally missing a step. What exactly are you doing step by step, maybe we can figure this out.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/31/08 at 10:57:37

Go to bike pics, click on the pic you want,... right-click, highlight and copy the address at the top of your browser,...then come here to the post or reply page, click the third icon in the row to the right of the word "Message:", it looks like a framed picture...
"(img][/img)", this will appear on your page...paste the url that you copied from bike pics in the middle like this..
"(img]http://suzukisavage.com/jpg[/img)"

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 08/31/08 at 15:51:34

To put it bluntly, if it involves a "third step" such as posting to another site and then including links, I won't bother.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #4 - 08/31/08 at 16:35:04

If you want the picture to show up in the body of the message, you have to use the method serowbot describes.  Your other option is to just embed a hyperlink in the body that references the pic location.

SuzukiSavage.com does not allow you to upload an attachment to be hosted on their server, which is what it sounds like you want to do.

Example of picture link:

http://bikepics.com/pictures/1394640/

Versus the embedded pic option:

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Royal
YaBB Newbies

Ride like the Devil,
he's gaining on you.

Kansas and Texas
Reply #5 - 09/01/08 at 11:58:40

I posted (uploaded) some pix to bikepics then did a test on suzukisavage where I clicked on the 3rd box (insert image)-got the [img] [img] to show up in the body. I then opened another window or tab in my browser and went to bikepics and the pix I wanted to download. I selected it, right click, menu, copy and paste. I don't know if I clicked in the wrong place instead of between the 2 [img] things but nothing was showing up when I previewed the test post. I was wanting to produce a post with an embedded pic option such as EssForty did with his savage.  :'(
I guess I don't understand about the attach: feature either as it says allowed file types are jpg, jpeg.gif.etc. aren't these pictures?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 09/01/08 at 12:34:47

Yes they are picture files,...choosing the first icon (globe with paper in front of it) will post a link for people to click on to go to the picture,...choosing the third icon (picture in a frame) will embed the picture into the post, so people see it right in your post.

Link to pic ...(url]paste here[/url)      Pic appears in post...(img]paste here[/img)

If you right click on the pic that Essforty posted (choose properties/location) you may see the address he used to post the pic.  Depends on the browser you're using.

What browser do you use?

Be patient, don't give up,...once you get it, it will be easy...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #7 - 09/01/08 at 12:48:50

I think I see your problem.   When you click reply, it opens up a window where you enter text.  There is also a box below the smileys that says attach: and has a browse button to its right. Ignore that box and do not post your file location there!

You're not trying to attach a jpeg,  you're trying to post a URL that points to a file that is stored elsewhere.  The attach feature is something that is built into the forum software but it is not used. So your logic is good, but it doesn't work that way. I guess the site admins do not want to host gigabytes of pictures. Can't blame them.

To test it out with a picture that you know will embed, do the following:

1) Right click on the embedded picture of my bike in the post above.
2) Select "Copy Image location" from the drop down box. I am using Firefox so your browser may word it differently. Note...image LOCATION, not  the jpeg itself.
3)Now you have the bikepics URL of my picture in your clipboard.
4) Hit reply to start your post.
5) When the post reply box opens, just type in "test" or something, and then select the third button. It will put in the placeholder for you.
6) Your cursor should be in the text box between the two IMG placeholders.
7) Paste (Ctrl-V on windows machines, Opt-V on Mac or Edit-Paste from your menu)

8) You should see the url between the two IMG markers. Try to preview it first and it should show the embedded picture.

9) if it looks good on preview, post it then check it out on the forum

If it does not work, then it may be your browser. if you're using something like Safari on a MAC then I'm not sure what you'll get.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/01/08 at 12:56:51

Sorry- I'll have to try it 2-My Savage in one of the few summerdays in Denmark this year Smiley

IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/01/08 at 13:03:52

Nope-No pic so far, but I can see a difference between the URL in the browser and the URL I get's from the pic. Trying again, And there it is. Rightclick on the pic and copy the pic's URL and paste it where it's described

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #10 - 09/01/08 at 13:16:58

That's important. You must right click on the picture to get the url for the photo. not the URL for the web page, which is probably the forum site. Good to see someone got it working.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #11 - 09/01/08 at 13:56:11

Ok, for anyone having trouble posting pictures. Here is a link with pictures that should make it easy for anyone to add pictures to your posts.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1218391284

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Royal
YaBB Newbies

Ride like the Devil,
he's gaining on you.

Kansas and Texas
Reply #12 - 09/02/08 at 14:39:07

I can't thank you guys enough for the help with my picture problem. I think I've got it licked thanks to your help. Sometimes us old guys get in a little over our heads when it comes to technology. Anyone want to ask me what it was like riding around Spain in the mid-60's? I've got answers for simple things like that. Cheers! and thanks.

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #13 - 09/03/08 at 15:05:23

Holy smoke I actually got my pic to post today. Thanks everyone for the help as well.  Grin

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:23:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How do you include pix in posts and new topics?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.