Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Evil Leaky Diaphragm (Read 109 times)
up4fishin
Ex Member

Evil Leaky Diaphragm
08/30/08 at 10:25:56

I'm a newbie who has spent a few days reading the posts here, and haven't come across an answer to what is probably a common question.  I've had the same problems with the fuel thingy as many others have had--mine only works on PRIME and the 2006 bike only has 250 miles on it (I picked it up used last week).  Original owner thought PRIME was PRIMARY and never used the other settings.

In the post about how to convert to manual in the tech section, there is a pic of the "evil leaky diaphragm".  Question--if this if replaced, vs. replacing the entire fuel thingy at over $60, will that fix the vacuum lines that currently don't work?  Where can either this part or the fuel thingy be purchased for the best price (I've done quite a bit of surfing and cannot find the diaphragm separately or the fuel thingy for under $60).  

Thanks in advance; I'm hoping to get the RES working in case I miscalculate mileage.

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Re: Evil Leaky Diaphragm
Reply #1 - 08/30/08 at 10:58:52

If you do the mod on the fuel petcock, you don't need to worry about the diaphram, because you get rid of it.  All you have to do is seal off the vacumn lines, one at the carb and the other on the petcock.  It is all in the directions for the mod.

I did it about 2 months ago and all works great.

Because I can!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/30/08 at 19:35:42

As long as there is no Unexpected Pregnancy, there is No Evil Diaphragm, no matter how leaky one may be.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 08/30/08 at 20:07:54

I just paid the sixty bucks and switched out the old petcock.  No fuss, no muss, no worrying about wrecking $15 worth of oil if I forget to turn the thing off at night.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #4 - 08/30/08 at 22:32:32

Many have tried exhaustively, including myself, to my knowledge nobody has found a replacement diaphragm or correct rebuild kit for the Savage/S40 Petcork. I know many are available for similar types of petcorks, just not ours. Obviously a evil plot on the part of Suzuki to bleed some maintenance money from we stingy thumper simpletons.  Cheesy

IP Logged
up4fishin
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/31/08 at 05:43:26

ok, I'll bite the bullet and fork over the funds for a new petcork.  online, which is a good site for purchasing one?  i don't have a dealer close by...

thanks again for the replies.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #6 - 08/31/08 at 09:00:13

up4fishin wrote on 08/31/08 at 05:43:26:
ok, I'll bite the bullet and fork over the funds for a new petcork.  online, which is a good site for purchasing one?  i don't have a dealer close by...

thanks again for the replies.

I've been using Ron Ayer's and/or Bike Bandit. If you order from Bike Bandit, be prepared to get their spam afterwards. I haven't told them to quit sending it, so I don't know how they are about that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:32:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Evil Leaky Diaphragm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.