Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need advise selecting the right jet kit. (Read 48 times)
darkstar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

need advise selecting the right jet kit.
08/28/08 at 05:43:09

Hi I have a 2007 Suzuki 650/S40 with just over 3500 miles on it. Now that it has broken in and seated I am ready for some performance mods. I began by drilling two 3/8" holes along side the factory opening of the muffler, using a 12" long drill that went through all the internal baffles. This has made a good improvement with the sound the bike gives off. Secondly I have ordered a performance foam air filter. Now, I am looking into which jet set should I go with that best fits the changes I have done to bike. I have found one kit that comes with a 150#, 152.5# and 155# main jets plus a 55# pilot jet on ebay. Factory equipped the bike has a 145# main jet, so I'm thinking a 150# or 152.5# main jet would work well. Any advise on the selection of jets would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Re: need advise selecting the right jet kit.
Reply #1 - 08/28/08 at 06:21:40

With the new filter and the gutted exhaust, you will do Ok with a 55/150 jet combo.  Just remember to also do the white spacer mod and drill out the a/f mixture screw to adjust your mixture ratio.

With some minor tweeking, the bike can be made to sound great and run great as well.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:20:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need advise selecting the right jet kit.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.