Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
650 engine (Read 153 times)
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
650 engine
08/27/08 at 00:25:11

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody would know if the savage engine was specificley developed for the motorcycle, or was used in any other machinery such as generators mowers pumps quads or other industrial machinery, just thinking, if so it might be another place for me to look for parts closer to home,,cheers,,kenny

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Re: 650 engine
Reply #1 - 08/27/08 at 02:46:25

I stand by to be corrected but, from other discussions relating to other bikes in the Suzuki range, I think the motor is unique to the Savage.

I really couldn't see this kind of unit being used in any non-motorcycle application, more so even than other bike engines.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #2 - 08/27/08 at 10:05:19

Hi kwaknut. It's good to hear from someone closer, and thanks for that,also would you know of any parts supplier in the UK, as I have to get everything from Germany, and apart from having to pay a fortune in postage and getting muddled up with the euros I am having a hell of a job with the language. A supplier in the UK would kind of ease my brain a little,,cheers,,kenny

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 08/27/08 at 12:13:06

No offense guys but this needs to go in the Rubber Side Down section.

This section is for posting tech documents and how to

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #4 - 08/27/08 at 13:12:32

kennycreed wrote on 08/27/08 at 10:05:19:
Hi kwaknut. It's good to hear from someone closer, and thanks for that,also would you know of any parts supplier in the UK, as I have to get everything from Germany, and apart from having to pay a fortune in postage and getting muddled up with the euros I am having a hell of a job with the language. A supplier in the UK would kind of ease my brain a little,,cheers,,kenny

FOR FREE LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS TRY
www.freetranslation.com

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #5 - 08/28/08 at 01:49:25

YonuhAdisi, you're right, I'm sure a moderator will soon move it!

Kennycreed, any Suzuki dealer should be able to order parts for you, whether or not they hold them in stock.  If they say otherwise, it's because they can't be bothered.

I use a local bike shop, owned by an old friend of mine, who can order up just about anything I need either through pattern parts suppliers or through the Suzuki original equipment agents.  There is also a lot of stuff on eBay for the Savage these days, though I'd agree a lot comes form Germany (or the States!).

Try Techmoto Sheffield, 0114 2581151.  He's helpful, got me a lot of parts for my rebuild including gaskets, bearings, indicators, cam followers, Raask exhaust.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:22:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 650 engine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.