...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
New Raask Varieties
08/26/08 at 10:57:33

I was cruising through Raask's website and saw this:

Suzuki LS 65 Savage
Suzuki LS 65 Savage *** Nyhet / New / Neu ***

The new link shows pictures of a two piece exhaust, not unlike the stock setup, but with 4 different styles.  Drag pipe, Minizoom, Roadster, and Decibel.  I assume the header is still oversized like we like it, otherwise there would be no point in making it.

I wonder how much $$$ these would be in the US.

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Re: New Raask Varieties
Reply #1 - 08/26/08 at 11:15:21

I dig that minizoom pipe  Smiley

I would imagine the price would be pretty high, I think the drag pipe was around $500 in the US.

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #2 - 08/26/08 at 20:12:10

I put in a call to the outfit (Omar's Rear sets)  which has the exclusive distributorship for Raask in the USA and Canada. He returned my call and said that he would gather some spec and pricing information and get back to me ASAP.

From one picture it looks like the header part may be double walled but larger diameter than the stock header. As I understand that Raask makes a 1-3/4" I.D. ( A bit larger than the 1-1/2" liner that is OEM.) Seems I read somewhere a while back that they don't make the single-wall header pipe  they formerly made. I'd think one of those and one of the reverse cone mufflers would make a hella good torque pipe to go with a good carb kit and a cam like Lancer has ground.

I'm just itching to see how expensive they are. Coming from Sweden you can bet they aren't gonna be cheap $$$  Undecided

IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #3 - 08/26/08 at 20:40:36

A while back I was looking at a Raask 50mm drag and it was $650 and you needed a quote from them for shipping costs from Australia. I really would like to have that pipe though...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #4 - 08/27/08 at 03:33:04

I bought the one piece 60mm drag pipe about 3 months ago - I really like the look and sound of it.

At the time I asked Sievert Raask if he would consider making separate headers, and he said no way!!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 08/27/08 at 04:44:46

Wow, very nice looking metal !  I really like the Minizoom, but the Roadster and Decibel are also good looking.  The company needs to do something about the high cost.  There are lots of very good systems for twins that don't cost that much.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/27/08 at 05:27:37

If I was just made out of $$$$ I would be all over that minizoom.

The header looks like it has a near full length heat shield. Looks to stop just before the header meets the head, so I think the inner wall is as fat as they can get to hook up to the head. I'd call that good!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #7 - 08/27/08 at 05:41:46

LANCER wrote on 08/27/08 at 04:44:46:
Wow, very nice looking metal !  I really like the Minizoom, but the Roadster and Decibel are also good looking.  The company needs to do something about the high cost.  There are lots of very good systems for twins that don't cost that much.

I think it all adds up with exchange rates, export duties and very high shipping costs from Sweden to the US.

I got my Raask in England for £180, about $350, and I was told by a poster on here that they were nearly $700 by the time they get to the counter in the US.  Somebody is making too much money there.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #8 - 08/29/08 at 10:46:32

Just talked to Ed Morton who now own's/runs "Omar's rear-sets" which is the exclusive importer of Raask gear from Sweden.

He gave me the price breakdown on all of the pipes as of now:

Drag pipe: $370  + $125 shipping

Any of the other header pipe and muffler combos: $490  + $125 shipping

Kind of steep due to cost of material/labor in Sweden, plus all their export and shipping costs being very high. However, they are made of good Swedish steel and double nickel plated before chroming; and that's about as good as it gets.

He's supposed to email me the price of the new luggage rack shown on Raask's site, as he forgot to get it from them.

Plug for the guy: Ed Morton PH: 952-224-9990   ... Minnetonka, MN 55345

Don't think I can afford anytime soon, but for you folks made out of $$$ there ya go!!!  Grin

IP Logged
Peter-the-blacksmith
YaBB Newbies

Choppers for life !

Finland
Reply #9 - 08/30/08 at 02:48:45

It is your own politicians you have to blame for the high price Angry
If mr Raask could make them cheaper, he would, because then he would sell more. But you Americans are very good at protecting your own market Wink
Well, any way I visited the Raask workshop on my way home from a Savage-meeting in Germany, and I have seen the new, devided pipe. It is as wide as it can get, 60mm...could it be 2,4 inches maybe. You can still use your original heat shields. The fit is absolutely perfect. The pipe itself is made in Finland, mr Raask is doing the rest in his workshop in southern Sweden. Naturally, I have a Raask dragpipe on my bike. The quality is really outstanding - this is no paperthin metal from China that wil rust after a year, so it is well worth the money.
When you get an easy-flow airfilter and re-jet your carb, you will have a "NEW" bike with more hp:s, and wonderful torque. Not to mention the sound Cool
If you can afford it, buy it ! You won't regret it, I promise. Wink

the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 08/30/08 at 04:10:31

Peter-the-blacksmith wrote on 08/30/08 at 02:48:45:
It is your own politicians you have to blame for the high price Angry
If mr Raask could make them cheaper, he would, because then he would sell more. But you Americans are very good at protecting your own market Wink
Well, any way I visited the Raask workshop on my way home from a Savage-meeting in Germany, and I have seen the new, devided pipe. It is as wide as it can get, 60mm...could it be 2,4 inches maybe. You can still use your original heat shields. The fit is absolutely perfect. The pipe itself is made in Finland, mr Raask is doing the rest in his workshop in southern Sweden. Naturally, I have a Raask dragpipe on my bike. The quality is really outstanding - this is no paperthin metal from China that wil rust after a year, so it is well worth the money.
When you get an easy-flow airfilter and re-jet your carb, you will have a "NEW" bike with more hp:s, and wonderful torque. Not to mention the sound Cool
If you can afford it, buy it ! You won't regret it, I promise. Wink

Peter, dude, good to hear you on this website again.  You doin ok ?

IP Logged
markbacon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

New Zealand
Reply #11 - 09/07/08 at 16:01:56

I'd love a Raask pipe, but one of the big reasons for me buying a Savage was that it was cheap to buy and to mess with. The price of a Raask would sort of kill that. However, if you're as cheap as me ... an adapter and Emgo shorty megaphone works pretty well.

This gave a pretty useful power increase, but was raise-the-dead loud. FMF four-stroke packing - the thick felted stuff - worked well to quiet it, and smoothed out a bottom end hole without killing the top end. Unfortunately the exhaust pulses tore it up too quickly. So I pulled that out and wrapped the baffle with as much 20 wire/inch stainless mesh as would fit. The result was heavy, but I really liked the power and the sound - it took all the high frequencies out. After a few weeks though I decided the dead were getting restive again and it had to go.

So I fitted a long Emgo I had lying around from another project. Much more civilised, but not so much power.

I'd do the Emgo shorty megaphone again, but I'd wrap the baffle maybe three layers deep with the stainless mesh, then pack with FMF 4stroke packing.

Oh yes - had my adapter made up to a 7 degree bend - not 10 - and both mufflers lined up perfectly with the bracket.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:26:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Raask Varieties

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.