Dyna muffler install (Read 128 times)
Doug A
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dyna muffler install
08/26/08 at 08:53:25

Hi Guys.
  Once again I have taken the worlds easiest muffler swap and made a projesct out of it. I pulled the stock muffler off my 03 and pushed a shiny new Dyna on to the header. The Dyna is too short to use both holes on the muffler support bracket. I can use the forward hole but it lines up exactly with the hole on the muffler that you put the bolt through. (meaning there is no purchase to tighten the bolt) If I back the muffler off an inch I can tighten the bolt, but the connection is not as tight. Am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions besides having a connector made or welding the muffler on?

IP Logged
shadowman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern Virginia
Re: Dyna muffler install
Reply #1 - 08/26/08 at 09:21:28

Doug -- yes, it SHOULD be easy.  That doesn't mean there can't be problems.  Extending the header is last resort.  I would first double check and make sure everything lines up as you describe, and if the bolt is in fact  located where the 'entry hole' to the bracket is, I'd try using a good, solid, washer -- as large as you can fit in behind the hole -- and see if that doesn't give it some grab.  I've had my new Dyna hanging by one bolt for about 500 miles and it is rock solid.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: Dyna muffler install
Reply #2 - 08/26/08 at 11:47:09

I used a piece of hard steel flat stock.   Cut to size and drilled and tapped it.  It is long enough to span the hole and then some.

Other option is to take muffler in hand, go to a Harley dealer and ask for the mounting parts.  If it'a HD muffler , it has the bike model on it.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:42:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna muffler install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.