Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
idle trouble and plug leak (Read 258 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: idle trouble and plug leak
Reply #15 - 09/09/08 at 23:35:46

Filled up again today. Same deal. Im pretty convinced the cap isnt venting properly. I dont know why though. Ive always filled according to the same "ritual". Pull in, kill switch, kickstand, dismount, petcock to "on" from "res",key to "off", gas cap off, fill to edge of neck with bike still on the kickstand. It just started doing this a few weeks ago.

IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Reply #16 - 09/10/08 at 09:01:31

BurnPgh wrote on 09/09/08 at 23:35:46:
fill to edge of neck with bike still on the kickstand

You are over filling the tank if you are going to the filler neck while on the side stand.  I'm surprised you don't have wet pants from fuel running down the tank. See http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1218765878

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #17 - 09/10/08 at 11:06:07

The bottom of the cap will be wet when riding a short distance after fill up.  The gas sloshing around will do that.  

I've already OOP'S and overfilled because I was talking to someone about the bike.   Then when the gas warmed up to air temp (verse the 58 deg F gound temp here in east-side PA), it dribbled out a little bit.  

I'm not convinced that is you're problem.   BUT..... I've been known to be wrong.    

Get a can of WD-40 or Liquid Wrench and spray the little tube thing down the hole (they both burn so it will not hurt the gas).   If it doesn't find a way out, you've got a clog.  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 21:21:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › idle trouble and plug leak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.