Send Topic Print
Jardine pipe (Read 129 times)
violinst
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jardine pipe
08/24/08 at 09:34:07

I have an 03 Savage. Yup, I heard they are notorious for backfiring. I replaced the stock pipe with a Jardine slip on. Sounds cool but not only do I have the backfire but it is shooting flames!! I've asked some other bike enthusiasts and they say lean out the carb, re- jet it.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

IP Logged
mastrofury
YaBB Newbies

Beaufort SC
Re: Jardine pipe
Reply #1 - 08/24/08 at 10:25:22

yes rejetting is a must with the jardine. Look in the Marketplace section  in the post JETSETS.  Lancer will sell ya ya need for the rejet and white spacer mod.  I also have a Jardine. Im running the 152.5 main jet and the 52.5 pilot jet with 1 washer on the needle jet. running really strong now with hardly any backfire.  I also modded my jardine muffler. I removed the baffle and on the inlet side of the baffle I tack welded a peice of steel mesh probably 1/2" by 1/2" squares. Then put the baffle back in. Next I got 3 of them stainless steel brillo ,scrub , thingys and stuffed them into the inlet of the muffler.  the steel mesh keeps the scrub pads from shooting out.  The sound is a awsome rumble now.  Still loud , but not annoying loud.  Also helped out gaining more back pressure, now i got the carb tuned properly.

mastrofury mastrofury   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 08/24/08 at 11:12:50

I have a Jardene drag pipe ,when I first put it on it was way to loud,in fact I got a fix it ticket,I used a piece of 1/8th steel plate cut it a oval shape then filed it to fit the tail end it goes in about an inch,then I tack welded in place,workes very well and the noise is perfect,I run a 150 main jet ,I can't remember what the pilot is. I do get some backfiring but not enough to bother me.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Crotchrocket
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/24/08 at 19:52:06

Just FYI,I put on a Jardine on my 2k Savvy.  I didn't rejet or make any other mods.  Sure it pops and snaps on occasion, but nothing too bad.  After about 1500 miles the header still isn't bluing either.  It's just sort of a uniform tan color.  Again, nothing I'm concerned about.  Also I do tend to ride conservatively.  It sure does sound better though, just keep the throttle use to a minimum...

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 08/25/08 at 20:54:34

Crotchrocket wrote on 08/24/08 at 19:52:06:
Just FYI,I put on a Jardine on my 2k Savvy.  I didn't rejet or make any other mods.  Sure it pops and snaps on occasion, but nothing too bad.  After about 1500 miles the header still isn't bluing either.  It's just sort of a uniform tan color.  Again, nothing I'm concerned about.  Also I do tend to ride conservatively.  It sure does sound better though, just keep the throttle use to a minimum...

I would recomend putting in a bigger jet,something to with air flow.my jardene muffler actuall came with a jet set.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:31:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jardine pipe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.