PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
First Flat ...
08/22/08 at 09:00:31

Beautiful day, so I Rode into work this morning ... pulled into parking lot, shut-down, dismount only to hear a hissing ... seemed to be coming from around the rear tire valve ... tire still has air, so quickly hop on and beat it approx. 4 miles back the road to a local Suzuki dealership ... wobbled the last few hundred yards as the tire was pretty much down by this time. Had to leave the bike in front of the dealership and walk the further 2 miles home to pick up the cage (dealership wasn't yet opened) ... by the time I got back, they were opened and agreed to take Bike in without appointment, but couldn't guarantee to look at it today Sad
Suspect it might be due to the right-angle valve stem extension I bought from a link that was posted up here on the Forums last year ... it may have put additional stress on the tube's stem, causing the securing nut to work loose a little which in turn may have cause the stem to chafe thru resulting in a leak ... will know within' next few days and will post for benefit of other Savagers.
Looks like I'm gonna loose a good weekend of Riding though Sad

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: First Flat ...
Reply #1 - 08/22/08 at 12:17:12

It's an easy job,have you any tire irons?can you take the rear wheel off at work? you probably just need a tube. I did one on the rear 3 weeks ago,I was at home at the time.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/22/08 at 12:22:15

I think the 90 would be a handy item. If that was what happened, I'd still use it. You could save the nut off the old tube & put that nut on the new tube & double nut it, to lock it &/or, dab a bit of locktite on. A locktited, double nutted valve stem needs only ONE thing,, safety wire!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 08/22/08 at 14:44:14

Got'er back! Local 'Zuki dealership where I left the Bike after limping her there this morning had a cancellation and fit me in this pm ... replaced tube ... as I thought valve stem wuz chafed thru ... either a loose securing nut and/or the extra weight of aftermarket right-angle valve stem ... Mechanic not sure which ...
Won't bother to use the right-angle stem on board anymore just to be safe ... will keep it in tool pouch for checking/filling tire pressure though, just 'cause it's easier to get the pressure gauge and fill nozzle on ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/22/08 at 14:55:36

Hey, johnie, I'm cancelling your dinner so you can fix this flat...  Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 09:26:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First Flat ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.