Send Topic Print
front brake hose (Read 59 times)
vandaman

Not all who wander
are lost

georgia
front brake hose
08/21/08 at 19:54:06

im moutning some ape style bars and the front brake hose isnt quite long enough havent found any where that i can order a longer oem hose so i was wondering if i can reuse the ends of the hose and jsut by a longer hose it self. i have ordered the longer throttle and clutch cables but cant fine the brake hose. Havent went to the stealership yet saving that as my last resort. any help would be appreciated.

Bike info 2006 S40
Mods front fender delete, mini ape style bars, solo seat, boat trailer read fender, turn signal delete, free flow exhaust, ed.l forward controls, and pegs
  IP Logged
SV og LS

Kawasaki ZZR 1200

Re: front brake hose
Reply #1 - 08/22/08 at 01:13:28

The hose fittings aren't reusable. I took the old hose as a pattern, measured the required lenght and went to a shop who supply sports and rally car parts and they made a braided hose complete with crush washers and bottle of fluid for not a lot of dosh. Over here also hydraulics suppliers make whatever braided hoses you need but the receipt doesn't say brake hose for legal reasons, I don't know if the usual hydraulics line burst pressure is lower than brake lines have or should have.  

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: front brake hose
Reply #2 - 08/22/08 at 06:54:49

If you can't find one locally let me know.I've got a bike shop here in town that has them in stock.Give me a length,and I'll pic up the parts.(You need 2 banjos to go with the hose.)It will be around 50-60 bucks(+ or -)It is a stainless braided hose,and chrome banjos.That's why it's so expensive.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 05:31:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › front brake hose

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!