Forward Controls (Read 102 times)
steveohno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lafayette, IN
Forward Controls
08/17/08 at 17:30:02

I am a new member and I have been lurking around for a little while. I bought a brand new S40 and I am really enjoying it. I had never really ridden a motorcycle previously, but I had wanted one for a long time and was really wanted to cut down on fuel expenses. I am really enjoying the bike and have started to feel really comfortable on it.

There are a number of common "complaints" about the bike with seat comfort and the like, but I see a lot of talk also about being a little cramped as well. I am 6'1" and about 190 pounds or so and do find the riding position to leave a little more to be desired at times. I have seen that Ed L has created some forward controls for an extremely reasonable price and was interested in them (but I have to post at least one message to be able to send him a PM Smiley ) Any other forward controls that work? The Seeger Cycles set look nice as well, though pricey, but they say for 2000 savage, do these also work on the new S40's as well? Thanks in advance for any information and it is really cool to see such an avid following for this bike which makes me feel like I made a wise decision by purchasing it

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Forward Controls
Reply #1 - 08/17/08 at 18:29:17

The bike really hasn't changed, all Suzuki has done is rename it from savage to S40 and changed it's handle bars. The Seegar forward controls are very nice but do cost a bit. The forward control sets I offer are a bit more spartan and give you more leg room. One of the first comfort mods should be the seat lift if you are looking for more leg room. It is well worth the time and small amount of money it involves. Oh yeah, welcome to the board

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #2 - 08/18/08 at 03:23:44

Ed L. wrote on 08/17/08 at 18:29:17:
One of the first comfort mods should be the seat lift if you are looking for more leg room.  

I'm 5'6" and I did the seat lift because I felt myself always sliding forward and crushing my bits 'n pieces into the tank  Undecided

Do you taller folk find the opposite, ie you are pushed back against the rear of the seat, and the seat lift lets you bend your knees more and move forward a little? And then do the forward controls let you move forward a bit more?

(just trying to work out the dynamics of this pesky seat of ours)

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #3 - 08/18/08 at 03:59:01

I raised my seat 2 inches in the front, then I added Ed L.'s forward controls.  Now, my posture is more like riding in a car.  Legs are not bent up to my chest, but stretched out in front.  Now I ride the seat more on the upper behind butt part.  No more riding the tank.  It also allowed me to stretch my arms out more.  Much more comfotable.

BTW I'm 5-11
Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 13:29:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!