Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Map of Savage Riders (Updated 1/09/09) (Read 5216 times)
markrider

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Map of Savage Riders
Reply #60 - 08/19/08 at 05:13:19

I would like to be added.
Markrider
Rockaway, NJ

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #61 - 08/19/08 at 07:25:40

Is it possible to combine the regions into one map ?  or would we loose the ability to see each individual ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #62 - 08/19/08 at 07:43:05

Good luck Mark. Not seeing any additions.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #63 - 08/19/08 at 08:10:36

Nice job Roberto!
Hey Mark. I'm down at the Shore, about 50 miles south of you.

FSO
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #64 - 08/19/08 at 09:09:26

LANCER wrote on 08/19/08 at 07:25:40:
Is it possible to combine the regions into one map ?  or would we loose the ability to see each individual ?

Only through something like photoshop.  I had to zoom in on certain areas for the reason you guessed- when icons are too close, the program stacks them and only shows what names it can fit.

Quote:
You can email the current view of the earth shown in the Google Earth 3D viewer as:

* An image file for people who don't have Google Earth
   * A KMZ file for other users of Google Earth

Im making additions, i just cant feasibly keep updating new pictures to my photobucket every time I adjust it.  These photos are merely screenshots from Google Earth like mentioned above.  I have sent the KMZ file to several people.

Good news is that I found out that we can all, through the web, access the map without having to have Google Earth.  But the file still needs to be hosted online.  Google maps, which is a simple online version of GE (www.maps.google.com) can read and display the KMZ file just by entering the address of the file (say...suzuki-savage.com/savage_riders.kmz)

Quote:
Google Maps can now read KML or KMZ, the file formats Google Earth uses for the exchange of geographic information. This means that you can view data you create and share on Google Earth on Google Maps. You can use this feature to plot multiple points of interest, draw lines, and mark regions on Maps. Just paste a URL hosting your KML file into the Maps search box and click Search.
Also, please keep in mind that your KML file must be hosted on a website to view it in Google Maps.

In addition, those who have GE or get it in the future benefit as well:

Quote:
In addition to saving placemarks or folders to your local computer, you can also save place data to a web server or network server. Other Google Earth users who have access to the server can then use the data. As with other documents, you can create links or references to KMZ files for easy access. Storing a placemark file on the network or on a web server offers the following advantages:

* Accessibility - If your place data is stored on a network or the Web, you can access it from any computer anywhere, provided the location is either publicly available or you have log in access.
   * Ease in Distribution - You can develop an extensive presentation folder for Google Earth software and make that presentation available to everyone who has access to your network storage location or web server. This is more convenient than sending the data via email when you want to make it persistently available to a large number of people.
   * Automatic Updates/Network Link Access - Any new information or changes you make to network-based KMZ information is automatically available to all users who access the KML data via a network link.
   * Backup - If for some reason the data on your local computer is corrupt or lost, you can open any of the KMZ files that you have saved to a network location, and if so desired, save it as a local file again.

I still advocate acquiring the program because that would allow people to mark other places of interest and allow the map to become a geographical guide for anything Savage related.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Reply #65 - 08/19/08 at 09:38:04

Why don't you make a google pages account and put it there? http://pages.google.com

Oh, and add me to that map.
<-- Bloomington, Indiana

Edit: Oops, I guess they stopped doing the Pages service.  Not sure if the Sites they replaced it with allows file uploading.

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
Coleman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 08/19/08 at 10:11:24

I live in Bethany, MO far north Missouri off I-35.

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #67 - 08/19/08 at 11:43:43

Hi,

please, mark my position in Santiago, Chile.

See ya in PA soon.

Thanks,

RW

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #68 - 08/19/08 at 11:53:31

Please add me :

Strangeling -  Salt Lake City UTAH

thanx  Smiley

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #69 - 08/19/08 at 13:55:55

Red_Wine wrote on 08/19/08 at 11:43:43:
Hi,

please, mark my position in Santiago, Chile.

RW

Actually, I gotcha already.  

Google Pages- I have a google account, but when I tried uploading the file directly to Google Maps, it kept failing, so I'm talking to Paladin about renting a server space out.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #70 - 08/19/08 at 14:05:47

Instructions for Accessing Map of Savage Riders

1. Go to the following link

http://maps.google.com/

2. Copy and past the link below into the search bar

http://Robertomoe.googlepages.com/SavageRiders.kmz

3. Enjoy (for now, who knows what bandwidth I have)

With Google Maps, you will not be able to see names next to icons. You must click.

For those w/ google earth- clicking on the second link will download the KMZ file for your viewing pleasure

And those who are not on there but have given me info- please be patient.  I am packing and getting life in order for my move back to school, I leave tommorrow, and I'll get to changing the names and updating the file when I can.  

Thanks

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #71 - 08/19/08 at 14:19:50

That is cool, thanks.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #72 - 08/19/08 at 14:30:10

Please add me as well.  Melbourne , FL 32940.  Thanks!

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Marek
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longmont, CO
Reply #73 - 08/19/08 at 14:51:25

On the bandwagon.

Longmont, CO  80501

IP Logged
savagebeth
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northeastern, CT
Reply #74 - 08/19/08 at 19:37:40

Me Too!  
Me Too!

Andover, CT

I just know I'm not the only Savage rider in ALL of Connecticut!   Smiley Smiley

SavageBeth

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 23:26:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Map of Savage Riders (Updated 1/09/09)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.