Send Topic Print
Just keep on trying (Read 149 times)
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Just keep on trying
08/13/08 at 16:42:35

Well Sadie isn't running to bad today. Didn't cut out today.

I did however change the vacuum tube. Wow! I'm sure glad I have small fingers. The left side is hard to get off and on. The old one was kinked in 2 places so I wouldn't be surprised of there are leaks there.

I also changed the air filter. I was told that it was fine after I got back from my trip. But they said we'll go ahead and order one and get it on. That was what 3-4 weeks ago. So I went down to the dealership and picked one up.

Glad I did. It was pretty dirty. Not critical but bad enough and there were 3 flecks of oil on it. I've ridden 4k on that air filter so I don't have a problem with changing it out rather than cleaning it. Now I'll clean it every 2000 like it's supposed to be.

And the loose wire was the brake light. Now that it is reconnected I have the brake light coming on when I engage the front brake. Always good.

Off to get gas before it goes up again. Always goes up on Thursday morning around here. Huh

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Re: Just keep on trying
Reply #1 - 08/13/08 at 16:46:38

The tiniest leak can give strange problems. A loose ground on either the battery or frame can give strange problems. Believe me....... Shocked

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #2 - 08/13/08 at 17:25:58

I just ran out to get gas - it had already gone up, drat! But it does sound better with just those 2 things done this afternoon.

Although watching me do it freaked my landlord out. I think it was eyeing up my mega set of socket wrenches.  Wink

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 08/13/08 at 17:45:35

Just wait until you pull the clutch cover off to check your cam chain tensioner.  That'll have him apoplexic.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #4 - 08/13/08 at 18:29:31

I'm not ready yet... Undecided

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #5 - 08/13/08 at 19:40:38

Perhaps not, but you are gaining on it.  You're turning wrenches and changing parts.  That'll snowball on you.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 08/14/08 at 00:31:00

ALittlebird wrote on 08/13/08 at 18:29:31:
I'm not ready yet... Undecided

Little bird I did the cam chain thing today for the first time,it's a piece of cake,one piece of advice, when you order the gasget for the right side cover order a couple of extra circlips that hold the tensioner in place,those little buggers have a mind of there own.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #7 - 08/14/08 at 02:24:38

Thanks Mick!

I'll have to change the name of my Clymers since I keep adding all the tips from the forum into it. I may have to upgrade from that 64 box of crayons and I should have bought stock in post it notes.

You know between all of you there could be a really brilliant manual out there instead of one that is just OK.  Smiley

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #8 - 08/14/08 at 13:28:43

I ended up making a 3 ring binder suppliment to my Clymers - it has all the manual corrections listed on this forum, and the ILLUSTRATED versions of how to which I use every time.
And without fail my binder is better than the manual at getting me through a project, especially the first time around. That plus the Savage CD can get you on top of ANY Savage project!  Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #9 - 08/14/08 at 14:56:36

I think you are absolutely right!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home