Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Installed Suzuki windshield - not happy (Read 553 times)
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Installed Suzuki windshield - not happy
Reply #15 - 08/14/08 at 17:39:44

Windrider,
what do you mean by destroyed?
Do you still have the brackets and hardware?  If so, perhaps you can get a piece of lexan or plexiglass and cut out a new shield.  I like my shield except it it just a bit too short, so I am planning on cutting a piece to extend it up by about 2" and down by about 4" with the same basic profile.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 08/14/08 at 17:58:05

I have a full size rifle windshield its got the harley look, But  I have had a plexaglass before and it was better coverage.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Windrider
YaBB Newbies

I KNEW I shoulda
turned left at
Albuquerque!!!

Leesburg, Virginia, USA
Reply #17 - 08/15/08 at 21:19:20

Buttgoat1,

LOL I mean little hand-sized pieces. I'm sure all the energy of the impact went first through the windshield: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1218590021/0

'98 Aztec Orange, Windshield, Seat Lift, Supertrapp, Sigma BC1106 for Trip Odometer/Gas Guage, Suzuki Saddlebags, Feildsheer Bags for Long Trips
SouthrnX   IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #18 - 08/16/08 at 06:46:51

I put a Suzi OEM windshield on last week.  It's taller than the windshield from my 250.  Makes the bike feel oddly rigid while riding.  Also, it breaks in a weird spot for me.  I end up looking 1/2 out the (tinted) windshield and 1/2 over it.  I will try to angle it more, but not sure what kind of results I'll get.  It's pretty much where it needs to be.  

I don't get the turbulance under my helmet with this taller w/s though.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #19 - 08/16/08 at 08:40:22

Here is a link to an article that I found helpful when selecting and then installing my windshield.  Good explanation of the different options, materials  and how to pick one for your conditions.  Then it tells you how to line it up for best results.  Lots of things to consider!

http://motorcyclecruiser.automotive.com/30777/windshield-comparison/index.html

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 08/16/08 at 08:53:05

Well, I had it nearly typed, hit SOMething & Zooom, its all gone, so, short version.
Guzzi had a small shield with a laminar lip, shield angle adjusted up & down. When I had the old style helmet,with the visor that came down to the chin, the wind would buffet me badly. When I went to the HJC with the flip face, the buffeting stopped.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #21 - 08/16/08 at 14:23:31

I recently installed a 'StreetShield' from National Cycle.  At first I hated it because the wind buffeting was horrible - but then I adjusted the angle and it made it much better.  My first setup was almost straight up/down.  I ended up with an angle that matches the fork angle exactly.  The shield is still on the bike and I have no intention of removing it.  I realize your OEM Suzuki windshield does not have angle adjustment so you probably are going to want to pawn that off on someone  Roll Eyes and get one that does offer angle adjustment.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #22 - 08/16/08 at 17:01:02

We did actually just angle it downward a few inches.  I think/hope it will help a lot.

IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #23 - 08/17/08 at 07:00:17

Properly angling the windshield made a world of difference.  Yay!  Smiley

IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #24 - 08/17/08 at 18:42:53

Excellent.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
DJM

'06 Red S40

Encinitas CA
Reply #25 - 08/18/08 at 13:11:55

I just installed a National Cycle Dakota windshield on my S40, and it works great for me. I can still see over it, but it keeps the wind off my body. It still hits my helmet, but that is good because it helps keep it ventilated. I'm 5'7" tall.
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/NC125A?mv_session_id=229mtRAn&search...

Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 08/24/08 at 20:41:05

Just thought I would share my thoughts, I too installed an oem Suzuki windshield and have had it for two weeks now, so far so good!  I'm 5'11 and it seems to be working well, obviously it does not block the wind entirely from my face but it helps deflecting the wind off of my chest and it blows wind right above my forehead.  Nice looking lil' shield and does what its intended to do for its size.   Undecided

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #27 - 08/24/08 at 23:31:18

DJM wrote on 08/18/08 at 13:11:55:
I just installed a National Cycle Dakota windshield on my S40, and it works great for me. I can still see over it, but it keeps the wind off my body. It still hits my helmet, but that is good because it helps keep it ventilated. I'm 5'7" tall.
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/NC125A?mv_session_id=229mtRAn&search...

I ponied up almost twice as much $$$ for the 4.5mm version Dakota. Partly because it should be much stronger, but also it is a couple of inches taller and about 4" wider, and I felt I wanted one that big. I should know in just a few days now. The seller claimed to have it all in stock.  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Installed Suzuki windshield - not happy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.