Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I been down...but not like this, before... (Read 751 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: I been down...but not like this, before...
Reply #15 - 08/13/08 at 05:07:22

Wicked Windrider! Quite the wreck ... glad you lived to tell the tale! Heal up completely and quickly!
All the Best.

Perry

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #16 - 08/13/08 at 06:22:58

Fighter pilots call it "target fixation". They aim their guns or their bombs by aiming their airplane at the target. The closer they get to the target the better the chance of a hit. The drawback is the closer they get the more violent the pullout has to be, and it can be left until too late.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/13/08 at 08:03:37

Windrider:  Wish you a good recovery, thankfully your well enough to let us know what happened.  Take care!

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #18 - 08/13/08 at 11:05:37

Yup, the bike goes where you look -- so be very careful about where you look!

Heal quickly and learn well!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 08/13/08 at 11:26:19

36 years of riding and I wouldn't of believed that But 3 days ago I was riding down the road,a semi stopped on the right hand side hanging on the road about a foot  and car coming the toward be me ,I looked at the semi and started going toward it I had to hit the brakes to straighten out.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
aysrav
YaBB Newbies

Augusta, Georgia
Reply #20 - 08/13/08 at 11:51:04

Thanks so much for the play-by-play. Especially in your condition! I think it's real important for all of us to hear stories like yours.  Shocked

I went to www.bikepics.com the other night and watched a bunch of accident videos. Most of them were crotch rocketers trying to do wheelies and other things that they shouldn't have been doing.
Lips Sealed

Seems to me that the lesson is obvious. We can't ever take anything for granted. The weather can be perfect and our bikes shining from top to bottom, but stuff happens when you least expect it and particularly when you let your guard down.
If there is any good to come of this, perhaps your misfortune will inspire us to be mindful of these truths.

Thank goodness you're OK. Get some rest and get well soon! Smiley

aysrav

IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #21 - 08/13/08 at 13:36:22

aysrav wrote on 08/13/08 at 11:51:04:
Thanks so much for the play-by-play. Especially in your condition! I think it's real important for all of us to hear stories like yours.  Shocked

I went to www.bikepics.com the other night and watched a bunch of accident videos. Most of them were crotch rocketers trying to do wheelies and other things that they shouldn't have been doing.
Lips Sealed

Seems to me that the lesson is obvious. We can't ever take anything for granted. The weather can be perfect and our bikes shining from top to bottom, but stuff happens when you least expect it and particularly when you let your guard down.
If there is any good to come of this, perhaps your misfortune will inspire us to be mindful of these truths.

Thank goodness you're OK. Get some rest and get well soon! Smiley

aysrav

I agree.  Sharing the story is one of the most important things that can happen for the rest of us.  I handle firearms daily and due to complete lack of brain power, I shot a hole in my floor one day.  I shared the experience on a gun forum that I visit because I wanted others to NOT have to go through what I did after that.  I for one appreciate this write up and will keep it in mind anytime I am in the saddle.  thanks.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #22 - 08/13/08 at 13:47:34

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Get well quick so you can get back on that iron horse!

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Windrider
YaBB Newbies

I KNEW I shoulda
turned left at
Albuquerque!!!

Leesburg, Virginia, USA
Reply #23 - 08/14/08 at 12:42:13

Shadowman, which direction? More or less houses, LOL.

I pulled to cover off the bike yesterday and and had a long sit on it. It was the first time since the wreck. I caught myself leaning back and forth on it, reacting to the imaginary curves in my head. You know, it is really in great shape all things considered. I'm thinking that the front forks aren't quite as bouncy as I remembered them being, but there doesn't seem to be fork oil leaking out anywhere. This weekend I think I'll start taking broken things off and making a shopping list. I'll take some pics and post them.

Bleemus, next time I'm down, we'll have to grab a beer!

'98 Aztec Orange, Windshield, Seat Lift, Supertrapp, Sigma BC1106 for Trip Odometer/Gas Guage, Suzuki Saddlebags, Feildsheer Bags for Long Trips
SouthrnX   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #24 - 08/14/08 at 13:21:49

Thanks for posting the write up.  It is always a challenge to NOT look at that thing OVER THERE....off the road or on it.
Happened to me this week on a ramp, and I barely pulled out of it - was looking at a black patch (tar, oil?) on the tarmac and ended up at the wrong angle on the ramp. Corrected in time, but gave myself a little scare too.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!  Cool

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 08/14/08 at 13:30:00

Whoopin it ( as whoopin as I know how) thru a turn. Right in the "line" is a pretty chunky bolt. Eyes locked on, ran right over it.. DUMMY!!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shadowman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern Virginia
Reply #26 - 08/14/08 at 16:52:13

Windrider

More houses -- I'm in Reston.  See my PM

IP Logged
vargas

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/14/08 at 23:04:39

http://www.msgroup.org/default.aspx has an article on target fixation.pretty much sums up what everyone else has been saying. I have a bad habbit of watching approaching traffic thru curves in case they veer across center. Glad you're o.k.

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #28 - 08/15/08 at 12:55:08

You zoned out.  Doesn't take much to do that.  I'm glad you're ok.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #29 - 08/15/08 at 14:49:26

Thank God your still here, and can write about it. Local paper had an article today about the increase in motorcycles death in th US, we had 3 here last month. Glad your doing well and will ride again, I don't know if I could.

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:36:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I been down...but not like this, before...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.