Send Topic Print
Hot pipes (Read 113 times)
benny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hot pipes
08/12/08 at 16:48:55

Bought the bike two weeks ago. I'm getting alot of heat on muffler it is turning blue about four inches from end. Is this because it is running to lean?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hot pipes
Reply #1 - 08/12/08 at 17:31:56

Yes, get a jet set from lancer.  You're probably have a stock jet, I'd put in a 150 and see how it goes.  If you want to keep the muff from turning blue, blu job immediately and rejet.

WWW   IP Logged
Brad_THMP3R

Fighting for Iraqs
Freedom

Hampton Roads, Va
Reply #2 - 08/12/08 at 17:32:58

congrats on the bike man! there are about 3,000,000 threads about hot pipes and blue pipes and yeah. you're running lean, how suzuki set it up for the Environmental Protection A$$holes. Don't neglect the search box. Remember, the rubber side..... stays down Wink

Jardine slashcut - oldfeller filter - 52 pilot, 152 main - no spacer - ngk iridium plug - olive drab paint - no head covers - respect brotha! I'll eat you!
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 08/12/08 at 18:16:50

If you think the EPA is completely bad, look at the air around the Beijing Olympics. China doesn't appear to have an EPA.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #4 - 08/12/08 at 19:57:32

despite the fact that EPA makes cars less fun, they are still doing a lot of work that helps regulate some very important things.  My brother just spent the summer in New Jersey working for the EPA. His boat dredged samples from the harbor and sea bed out there for heavy metal sampling.    

Considering dirty waterways are not only ecologically unfriendly but they also mean some bad news for people, I wouldn't say the EPA sucks in its entirety.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:31:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hot pipes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.