Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hand Grips (Read 306 times)
flcruzr
Ex Member

Hand Grips
08/11/08 at 09:26:49

Can anyone recommend your favorite hand grips, i'm looking for both style and comfort so if anyone has a pair that they really like please share.  Thanks!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hand Grips
Reply #1 - 08/15/08 at 11:37:29

I've heard Iso grips are nice.

WWW   IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #2 - 08/15/08 at 17:44:43

Yes. the Kuryakyn ISO grips are awesome. My neighbor has them on his Intruder and I tried them out.  Wow. I also tried a co-workers Harley with the Kuryakyn Flame Grips. They were nice too. Really dampens the vibration.  Makes our stock grips look and feel shabby.

I think the model number Kuryakyn ISO that fits our S40 is the 6240.  Haven't bought a set yet, but I plan to do it after I install my Sigma 1160L computer.

Good luck.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/15/08 at 18:59:26

Ess:  Thanks for this info.  Those Kuryakyn look really cool, out of all that I've seen these look the best, I might end up getting them soon.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #4 - 08/15/08 at 19:20:54

i have iso's as well and really like them, except that your hands smell like rubber after a ride.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #5 - 08/15/08 at 19:54:42

Although I've got the stock grips on my Savage, I love the Fin-Q grips I have on my ST1100.  They are great for the long haul.  Getting hard to find, though.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/16/08 at 08:53:44

rigidchop wrote on 08/15/08 at 19:20:54:
i have iso's as well and really like them, except that your hands smell like rubber after a ride.

No biggie...I wear gloves at all times while riding.

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/16/08 at 08:54:12

Digger wrote on 08/15/08 at 19:54:42:
Although I've got the stock grips on my Savage, I love the Fin-Q grips I have on my ST1100.  They are great for the long haul.  Getting hard to find, though.

Thanks!  I will look these up to see how they are.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #8 - 08/16/08 at 18:26:08

rigidchop wrote on 08/15/08 at 19:20:54:

Actually, hands that smell like rubber might be a feature.  Sometimes I rub my hands over the tires, splash a little gas on my wrists and then rub some oil on my my face before I walk into a biker bar. Benefit is that everyone thinks I own a Harley and I fit right in.  Grin

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #9 - 08/16/08 at 18:55:25

I have had the "Grip Puppies" on now for around 300 miles and they are great.  I would never go back to the orignal size now. They are not fancy but they soak up a lot of vibration.  $8.20 and free shipping is hard to beat.

California Sport Touring Inc.                                           Marine5317

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #10 - 08/22/08 at 17:45:27

I decided to take a shot at the Grip Puppies as well. Figured, what's $8 if they are easy to install and work well.  If they didn't work I'd try the ISO's. Well, just got them yesterday. Installation took literally 2 minutes. Cut to length with regular scissors, put a little soapy water inside and they just slipped right over my stock grips. Let them dry completely then went for a ride.  They feel nice, look good and work great. Did not feel they were slipping or anything. Really cuts down the vibration and fits my hand much better.  Good recommendation!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 08/22/08 at 18:14:51

I just put grip puppies on today just used dish soap at noon,they still aren't dried yet will see how they work tomorrow.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #12 - 08/22/08 at 18:22:25

I have the grip puppies too and when i trimmed mine, I left them a bit long so that they could grip onto the end cap. now I can take my hand off the throttle and keep the same speed. It's not as good as a cruise control but it gives you a few seconds to relax your wrist or scratch something before you start to slow down. The only problem with this is that when i first got them, I didn't glue my end cap on, and the twisting motion of the grip twisted the end cap right off somewhere along the road. I got a replacement end cap and glued it on.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 08/22/08 at 18:27:24

I didn't cut mine left them flush with end cap

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 08/22/08 at 18:28:53

EssForty wrote on 08/16/08 at 18:26:08:
Actually, hands that smell like rubber might be a feature.  Sometimes I rub my hands over the tires, splash a little gas on my wrists and then rub some oil on my my face before I walk into a biker bar. Benefit is that everyone thinks I own a Harley and I fit right in.  Grin

Careful,...do that at the wrong biker bar, and you can get picked up....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 21:29:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hand Grips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.