Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What are the Positives of owning a Savage/S40? (Read 503 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: What are the Positives of owning a Savage/S40?
Reply #15 - 08/11/08 at 19:46:01

nhgader:

That about sums it up!!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #16 - 08/11/08 at 19:54:23

I figured one of these randy youngsters would point this out.  Since they haven't, I'll say it...

The chicks dig it.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #17 - 08/14/08 at 08:57:50

Yes the babes do seem to dig a man on a bike espically a zuki 650/s40 I had two ladies hit on me just because of the bike. One was a chiropractor that gave me a card and said if I had any back issues she would be happy to straighten them out. Of course I cant take her up on the offer Im married with a kid and a mistress names Savagina. Grin Any how the bike is as awesome to ride as this forum is to be a part of. I say if she cranks when you get on her ride it and enjoy it. I know I do. Mine is still stock with 940 miles on it.

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #18 - 08/14/08 at 10:25:43

now I would say that a new, clean, and sparkly savage attracts the ladies, cause my bike ain't winning them over with the oil slicks all over the engine and the ratty paintjob.

Or maybe its the guy on top of the bike....

nah, cant be.  Cool

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #19 - 08/14/08 at 11:48:25

I loved my '03 Savage ... and now love my '05 S40! Postive attributes are many ... looks, relative light weight and mechanical simplicity are but a few! Have noticed that the LS650 seems to get more compliments, questions and looks than any other Bike I've owned!

Bought my '03 LS brand new and had zero mechaical issues with it in 5 Riding seasons of ownership ... I looked after that Bike to the best of my ability with reg. oil changes and routine maintenance, etc. No mods other than cosmetic ... Bike was stock.

Bought my '05 S40 used ... and though it was 3 model years old, it was essentially "new" with only 980kms (600mi) on the clock and not a mark on her anywhere. The previous owner however had not followed proper storage proceedures (Bike was laid up for over a year) nor had she done any preventive maintenance ... and despite an improperly torqued front axle and pinch-bolt (which I discovered only AFTER Riding the Bike for 350 highway miles! Shocked), she performed flawlessly on that maiden voyage and hasn't given me any trouble since (knock on wood!) ... starts everytime and is joy to Ride!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #20 - 08/14/08 at 14:59:00

Bobbert wrote on 08/14/08 at 10:25:43:
now I would say that a new, clean, and sparkly savage attracts the ladies, cause my bike ain't winning them over with the oil slicks all over the engine and the ratty paintjob.

nah, cant be.  Cool

And personally I don't want to attract ladies. I'd much rather attract the guys. WHich by the way, isn't happening.   Sad

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #21 - 08/14/08 at 18:12:51

Are you kidding, A Littlebird?  You've got Jimbob and Lonniebob down at the shop bending over backwards to get their hands on your valves, and look at all the attention your landlord paid you just yesterday!   Smiley

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #22 - 08/14/08 at 19:42:52

I paid $3000 for my Savage in 2001 (it was used).

I've got two other bikes that cost me a total of $30,000.

I get double the compliments on the Savage than I do for the other two bikes, combined!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #23 - 08/14/08 at 21:22:30

ALittlebird wrote on 08/14/08 at 14:59:00:
Bobbert wrote on 08/14/08 at 10:25:43:

nah, cant be.  Cool

And personally I don't want to attract ladies. I'd much rather attract the guys. WHich by the way, isn't happening.   Sad

Go after them!

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
vargas

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/14/08 at 23:23:48

I really like the look of this bike. I watched "The Wild One"  this morning on AMC for the first time everand the only reason i watched it was for the bikes.This is about the only bike made with classic type lines. I don't care much for the seat profile, but the"hump" gives me a place to slide back to so i can lean into the wind blast.i raed the latst post on windshields , and really,when i lean forward a bit  with a full face helmet on, the wind doesn't bother me much. A guy on a Valkyrie was lookng over my S40 monday. I thought he was laughing to his friend as he climbed on his ride , but he walked back to mine and spent maybe some 10 minutes checking it out

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #25 - 08/15/08 at 01:17:49

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 08/14/08 at 18:12:51:
Are you kidding, A Littlebird?  You've got Jimbob and Lonniebob down at the shop bending over backwards to get their hands on your valves, and look at all the attention your landlord paid you just yesterday!   Smiley

Well if JimBob and LonnieBob were so into my bike then perhaps she'd be running right and now cutting out. Besides I scare the pee out of both of them. And rightly so.

And while my landlord is very sweet he is only interested in guys. Which means we are both eyeing up the same thing.  Wink

Not working for me somehow.

IP Logged
shadowman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern Virginia
Reply #26 - 08/15/08 at 07:13:31

LB:

It's working.  I can sense the planetary forces multiplying as we approach syzygy.   Faith is required.

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #27 - 08/15/08 at 18:09:18

shadowman wrote on 08/15/08 at 07:13:31:
LB:

It's working.  I can sense the planetary forces multiplying as we approach syzygy.   Faith is required.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:36:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What are the Positives of owning a Savage/S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.