Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tired of getting stuck at stop lights (Read 333 times)
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Re: Tired of getting stuck at stop lights
Reply #15 - 08/12/08 at 14:47:57

Seems like this would be a good thing to nail down... If I can legally run that red light, then my life would be much happier/easier/faster (take your pick).  Paladin had some good info, but AL got a ticket, and the judge backed it up.  Anyone here a lawyer?  Or have a friend who is?  My Dad rides with the Peace Keepers MC out of Dallas.  Mostly cops.  I think I will give him a call.....

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/12/08 at 15:01:22

According to the VP of the Peace Keepers MC (AKA - Capitan of the Motorcycle Division, Dallas Police Department) , "The ONLY time it is legal to run a red light is if you are in immediate danger and running the light will remove you from this danger, or, if you are an emergency response vehicle in route to an emergency.  Just because a machine malfunctions doesn't justify you braking the law."  That was a quote, by the way.  Think I stick to magnets! Grin

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 08/12/08 at 15:04:59

Memo to self... stay out of dallas.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 08/13/08 at 04:05:04

A local light will not acknowledge me in the Left turn lane. The other lanes cycle thru red to green a couple of times & I just check traffic & roll. Sometimes I just go straight, turn left at the next opportunity & ride thru a real neat neighborhood, with curvy streets & a small lake.
If I am just out riding, I turn right on red & keep rolling.Sometimes, when out running errands, I do the same thing, sure, it takes longer, but So What!?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #19 - 08/13/08 at 04:29:53

You know, we should all identify a light in our town that won't respond for a bike.  Then at a certain time on a certain day, plan to be there with no other priorities.  Just pull up to the light and sit there, waiting.  All of us, each in their own town.  After about fifty cars have waited behind us, and we show no intention of either running the light or moving out of the way of traffic, someone will call a cop.  What better way to illustrate the malfunction than your own parade of irate cagers for the cop to see?

It wouldn't work on a Sunday morning.  Needs to be after work on a thursday or friday, when people are tired and cranky and primed to call the police.  When the cops get there and see the problem, make sure to tell them it's part of an organized event worldwide (including participants in Canuckistan, Italy, the Netherlands, did I miss anyone?).  Some alert reporter stuck on the police beat will catch that reference on the log or report, and come knocking on your door with questions.  Then you just tell him how often you have to either modify your route or break the law in order to get to the drug store to buy liver medicine for your poor dying aunt, Sadie.  Public sympathy will mount.  People will march in public places.  Councilmen will cower beneath their desks in terror.  The national guard will be called out to restore peace in the streets.  It will be a major victory for motorcyclists everywhere.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #20 - 08/13/08 at 06:27:21

Grin roflmao now that is funny Sandy that may just work.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #21 - 08/13/08 at 07:33:07

Here in MN we have a little law that say bikers can go through a red light if it fails to change for you within a reasonable timeframe. You know it's true 'cause they told us so in motorcycle safety class.

Jack

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #22 - 08/13/08 at 10:25:20

Jack_650 wrote on 08/13/08 at 07:33:07:
Here in MN we have a little law that say bikers can go through a red light if it fails to change for you within a reasonable timeframe. You know it's true 'cause they told us so in motorcycle safety class.

Jack

Hmmmm ....   Maybe I should have taken that offer my company gave to transfer to our Mendota Heights office.  

Hmmmmm  cold.... snow .... I guess not....  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:47:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tired of getting stuck at stop lights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.