Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Thinking outloud about maintenance (Read 313 times)
shadowman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern Virginia
Re: Thinking outloud about maintenance
Reply #15 - 08/11/08 at 04:51:34

The Northeast corridor seems under-represented in this thread.  Colombus is do-able from Northern Virginia, but is there interest in something more coastal?  Foliage ride along Connecticut River Valley is already on my calendar.  Any other possibilities?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #16 - 08/11/08 at 05:48:31

The Northeast is always under-represented as by the time we get the snow off the bikes, do the start of season mainenance, it's snowing again. Sad\
God idea though, but since I'm decidedly not a good mechanic, first we need to id a "mentor" up here in the New Engalnd area..any volunterrs?

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #17 - 08/11/08 at 06:21:10

Hmmmmm .....  I'm on the east-side of PA.   5-6 hrs from MA,  4-8 hrs from VA (it's a wide state wide a long bottom),  8-10 hrs from OH,  1 hr fm Philly,  2 hrs from NYC......   PA is suppose to be the "Keystone" of the colonies (a keystone is the center, top stone in a arch tying it together)......     Plus,  I'm one of those natural wrenching types.  

Anyone needs lessons,  I'm willing.  You just have to come prepared to get your hands dirty......  

We have a guest BR so you don't need a hotel...... OR you can use the big flat spot in the back yard if you want to rough it and camp-out .....  The drive-way is huge, so you can trailer here too....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #18 - 08/11/08 at 11:13:20

Ok im in the ohio area and know there are a few here in ohia... soo what im thinkin is thinkin this is a good idea...now throw in the webinar with this... I.E.. set a date that people are going to be regionally around then meet up at a home / farm with broadband / sat internet access with vid cam to meet others! ... now you have the best of both!!! and you can have the honor of seein me personal like   Grin Grin    dunno about the honor bit but it sounded good.. Wink

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #19 - 08/11/08 at 15:05:58

Breeze wrote on 08/10/08 at 17:03:15:
A most interesting idea. I know i'm new here however. I'm still familiarizing myself with the many mods you've created for the Savage.

I'm very active on another cycle forum and we have a "wrench fest" a couple of times a year here in my huge garage. We all get together and teach newbies as well as do mods and customizing. It makes for a great day and build's confidence and comradery.

Now, my wife has just gotten her Savage and I do all her maintance as well. Wifey is the type that wants to do all her basic maintance as well but, with guidance while she does it. This is all good and I don't mind cause she's out in the garage with me while I am toying with other peoples bikes or one of my many projects.

We have another "wrench fest" coming up here in Sept sometime. Now, we are located in Columbus, Ohio. If there was enough interest, I would consider giving intsructions on doing the basic maintance, pulling carbs and rebuilding as well as rejetting ect.. As far as a fee goes, nope. If someone had something they needed or needed to do, they would be responsible for making sure they got or had the parts with them. If that's not good enough, they can buy the pizza and the soda....

I can do Columbus about 3 hourts from me so that's doable.

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #20 - 08/11/08 at 15:07:10

Keep talking guys! I think we can find mentors out there in enough areas to get some people cooking then perhaps the students could become the teachers later as they get comfortable and we could snowball the whole thing and cover everyone.

IP Logged
Breeze
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #21 - 08/11/08 at 16:08:33

As i stated before, I think this is a great idea and i'm all for it. If anyone in the "mid-west" area wants to have a wrench fest this fall, speak up and we'll pick a weekend and do it. We have plenty of room and more than enough room in the garage. I even have a tool or 2  Grin...
This is our garage during the winter months. It's usually pretty busy in there...

In the summer months all but 1 of the tables are stored over head so that we have plenty of floor space. So, we have room to host one of these as needed.

I am glad to see this idea picking up steam. As much as I love to ride and ride often. I also like hanging in my garage with a wrench or 2 strewn all over...

Twisted Dragon Racing
WWW twohyper2000@yahoo.com   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #22 - 08/11/08 at 16:19:10

That;s wonderful Breeze! I'm in!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 08/11/08 at 19:42:46

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 08/11/08 at 03:02:20:
I live in Massachusetts.  If anyone wants to do a nude photoshoot, there's a 6-pack in it for ya.

Oh, I mean, I'd love to learn.  Smiley

are you really that bad that you have to offer a 6-pack for someone to take pictures of you?

WWW   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #24 - 08/11/08 at 20:01:14

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 08/11/08 at 03:02:20:
I live in Massachusetts.  If anyone wants to do a nude photoshoot, there's a 6-pack in it for ya.

Oh, I mean, I'd love to learn.  Smiley

So, I get to take nekkid pictures of you, and I get a sixpack? SWEEEET!! Time and place! Time and place!

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #25 - 08/11/08 at 20:09:44

OK I am in. I have been advertising for a mentor for months. So name the time and place and I will make it work. I am as far NW as you can get and still be in the US.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #26 - 08/11/08 at 20:16:09

Dj12midnit wrote on 08/11/08 at 20:09:44:
OK I am in. I have been advertising for a mentor for months. So name the time and place and I will make it work. I am as far NW as you can get and still be in the US.

I gotta start watching the news again.  When did we sell Alaska?  Did I miss it on Ebay?

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #27 - 08/11/08 at 20:27:43

Do we still count Alaska, its frozen.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #28 - 08/11/08 at 22:32:02

Are there any dates and times set yet? for Ohio Undecided

I need to know a little bit in advance Wink

« Last Edit: 08/13/08 at 18:23:48 by FreeSpirit »  

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:38:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thinking outloud about maintenance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.