Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Should have been a nice day (Read 149 times)
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: Should have been a nice day
Reply #15 - 08/10/08 at 11:10:36

ALittlebird wrote on 08/10/08 at 11:06:34:
Serowbot wrote on 08/10/08 at 11:03:32:
It can be tough to know when you've solved it with an intermittent problem.  You just have to ride around wondering, did I get it?  Or is it gonna' get me again on the next corner?
Best of luck.. be safe

I just went to Autozone/Home depot to get clear plastic tubing to do what Reelthing said and it ran fine.

I think she wants to leave Kentucky.  Smiley

You know,I was thinking the same thing!! It seems you only have a problem while in Kentucky Smiley

And yes,I was just cutting up, that no one pays attention to my ideas....but I do understand about ex's also Roll Eyes Smiley

One day you will have such a feel/sense for your bike that you'll trust yourself before a mechanic...those will be Happy Days Smiley
I dont trust mechanics too much now....they leave you hanging....kinda like a ex-husband...LOL....I think I need coffee Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #16 - 08/10/08 at 12:31:26

Reelthing wrote on 08/10/08 at 07:39:31:
ALittlebird wrote on 08/10/08 at 04:11:55:
Left turn to Clermont, fine. Yay!

Right turn into Bernheim and she quits.

Guess I'll have to take the carb apart to see if the diaphragm is going.

Bernheim Forest! - many ill guided afternoons spent in that place -  3 small lakes stacked to feed water to each other - with enough bluegill to entertain a person - the best crappie fishing I ever saw was at the small lake in front on the Jim Beam distillery across the street - small fish but you could sure catch more than you want.  Fine area.

wonder if the right hand turns are a clue or just happen stance - sure wound hurt to check the float level - just put a small piece of clear fuel tube on the carb drain turned upward and see where the level is  

Got the tube. Do I need to turn it to prime to check this?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 08/10/08 at 14:08:47

get the bike level and vertical as you can - switch to pri, loop the clear hose from the drain to some place above the carb - I'm away from the bikes and books - but the level should be just a little bit lower than the bowl gasket 1/4" or so - believe the clymers and the Suzuki shop manual - both list the fuel height.

so can you make it happen going in clockwise circles?

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #18 - 08/10/08 at 14:20:07

Reelthing wrote on 08/10/08 at 14:08:47:
get the bike level and vertical as you can - switch to pri, loop the clear hose from the drain to some place above the carb - I'm away from the bikes and books - but the level should be just a little bit lower than the bowl gasket 1/4" or so - believe the clymers and the Suzuki shop manual - both list the fuel height.

so can you make it happen going in clockwise circles?

So far no. Should have been a lefty I guess. I'll go out and check the level.

Found the level amount in the Clymers. 26.95-28.95mm Not quite sure how to measure that but I find a measuring tape and see if I can get it to work. Back in a bit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:20:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Should have been a nice day

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.