Send Topic Print
First 2,500 clicks. (Read 96 times)
Knapweed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

First 2,500 clicks.
08/09/08 at 10:21:52

I've now had the bike about a month and bought it following a tip from this forum about a Savage on Ebay. The trip home was around 1,400 clicks with a few detours on the way. The sun shone the whole way and I met up with a few lads on the ferry and at various stops for a cigarette. It was a great welcome back to biking for me, having last rode a 1200 Honda Shadow back in 96.

What an awesome little machine. Lightweight, bags of torque, good on gas and pretty good through the twisty bits.

I was buffeted a bit by the wind from Vancouver to Cache Creek but from Cache Creek all the way to Burns Lake, the bike sat on 110 - 120 kmh all the way, never missing a beat. She feels like a 250, a bit skittish on uneven surfaces, which could probably be remedied by a stiffer pair of shocks or maybe a steering damper. Overall though, she handles well and inspires confidence.

Having put a few more miles on the bike, I've come to the conclusion I love the bike. One cylinder, one carb and two wheels - can't beat that for minimalism.

I suspect I'm going to be looking around for another Savage to play with over the winter. I think she would make a great little cafe racer with the addition of the uprated cam, carb and muffler. I always thought the singles, i.e. the BSA Goldie, Velocette Thruxton etc. made the best cafe racers, with their thudding exhausts and slim profile. I'm sure a Savage with the right treatment would make an awesome little scratcher.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: First 2,500 clicks.
Reply #1 - 08/09/08 at 12:48:35

Hi knapweed ... way to go with the Savage! are you in the Vancouver, Wa area or Vancouver BC? (Kanuckilhead or Yank LOL!!)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #2 - 08/09/08 at 16:13:29

It would be BC he speaks metric.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 08/09/08 at 17:47:16

Also the others cities/town he references are in B.C. Ca. Been to most of them on the Western approach to the old AlCan highway (now Alaska Highway I believe) starting point, Dawson Creek, MP"0". Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Knapweed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/11/08 at 01:17:37

Burns Lake is between Prince George and Smithers. Bikes in the summer, sleds in the winter. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 08:37:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First 2,500 clicks.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.