Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear View mirror (Read 83 times)
flcruzr
Ex Member

Rear View mirror
08/08/08 at 20:39:35

I have the stock rear view mirrors and I've noticed that I cant see directly behind me.  The view from behind is blocked by my shoulders so I could only see to the sides.  Are these mirrors meant to give us a view of the rear sides only or should we be able to see directly behind us?  
I'm thinking of getting longer stem mirrors to help with this problem but just wanted to see everyone's take on this issue.  
Do you guys/ladies have any mirrors you recommend?  Thanks!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rear View mirror
Reply #1 - 08/08/08 at 20:43:15

I keep mine adjusted so I can see whats in the lane next to me. If I want to see whats behind me, I lean over & look in the mirror. Yea, they are narrow, but I have no prob utilizing them effectively. I like the fact that nothing can sneak into either flank without moving across a mirror.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #2 - 08/08/08 at 20:57:25

I have the stock buckhorn mirrors and I have mine adjusted so I can see behind me. I guess alot of it depends on where in the lane you ride too.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Crotchrocket
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/08/08 at 21:07:39

I must say, that after riding sportbikes most of my life, these are the best mirrors ever.  They don't vibrate everything into a blur, they're easily adjusted, they're big, excellent optics, I could go on.

Experiment around with different setting and find the one you like.  Mine are adjusted differently from left to right, as to cover all the angles.  My only wish is to have the same braking power as a rocket.  Oh well..

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #4 - 08/09/08 at 01:39:34

I've adjusted mine to where I have a great view of what's behind me. I did have to move them on the handlebars though. That took an impact screwdriver.
I'd worry that longer stems would vibrate more.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 08/09/08 at 09:07:16

flcruzr wrote on 08/08/08 at 20:39:35:
I have the stock rear view mirrors and I've noticed that I cant see directly behind me.  The view from behind is blocked by my shoulders so I could only see to the sides.....

The curse of being a Technician.....

I am under 21 inches across, laying on the floor shirtless between two wine boxes.  My mirrors are 24" apart to the inside edges of the glass, 34" to the outside (they are 5" wide)  My mirrors are adjusted to see an inch or two of shoulder and I can see the corner of the porch 12 feet directly behind me in both mirrors.

Elbows are held out wider than shoulders.  If you are wider and/or taller than me you may need to move the mirrors out and/or up.

In normal city riding I am checking my mirrors, plural as in both, roughly every five seconds.  Noone sneaks up behind be.  Noone races past without my knowing they are coming.  If I have been tracking someone in my mirrors and lose them I will do a head check to verify that they did indeed turn off/stop.  Mirrors will tell you if someone IS there.  They cannot tell you that no one is there.

I want to know where everyone is around me at all times.  I trust them as far as I can throw them, and I can't throw a car very far.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:24:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear View mirror

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.