Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another Top Speed Question (Read 319 times)
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Re: Another Top Speed Question
Reply #15 - 08/08/08 at 11:33:19

I just went through this problem myself.  On the way to Mountainfest I was riding with two other bikes (a Harley and a V-Star) and they kept falling further and further back.  I kept a close else on my speedo and I was going a steady 70 mph.  Finally my buddy pulled in range and flashed his lights to pull off at the next exit.

I was MAD because they couldn't even do the speed limit on those big bikes but before I got the chance to complain, they said they were doing 80+ at times to keep up and I just kept pulling away.  So when we got back on the Interstate each of them gave a thumbs up when they hit 70 ... I was reading 63!!!

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 08/08/08 at 11:41:39

Chain mod?
Stock tire?

It's very uncommon for a speedo to underestimate the speed, very common to overestimate.  Unless you've done a mod.

I use a Veypor VR1 and compares almost dead on with the speedo.  And I do have D404 140/90-15 instead of stock.

WWW   IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #17 - 08/08/08 at 13:05:50

No, still have the belt and still run stock IRCs.  It reads 6 or 8 mph less on the Interstate than what I'm actually running, but seems to be right on the money in the city.  It's like it gets worse the faster I go?!  Oh well, it's no big deal.  Someday I'll get bored and tinker with it, but for now I don't care.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 08/08/08 at 13:13:26

I worked for a company that manufactured flow meters.  They took speedo's from a ford pinto and recalibrated them.  Inside the speedo is a magnet that can be increased in strength or decreased.  But it takes a special machine.  Tinkering with it wont do any good.  replace if it bothers you.

Ah! hears a thought, find some with the chain conversion and trade with him.  even better if he has like mileage.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:13:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another Top Speed Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.