Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sidecar (Read 220 times)
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Sidecar
08/02/08 at 17:35:39

anyone got pics or answers about where to find a sidecar for the savage?
2003..?
looking for any info i can find on this please thanks..
i got a 10 year old little girl that loves to ride but so does mom.. we like to hang together and so a sidecar would take care of this for us...

thanks in advance...
chai

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: Sidecar
Reply #1 - 08/02/08 at 18:26:36

Do a search on the site I know there is someone on the board that sells them up in canada.

Found the info sent you a PM.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #2 - 08/02/08 at 19:49:10

Go to sidecar.com and you will find lots of information. I'm in the process of getting our COZY car and '03 Savage tug in proper working order for us. Hope to get new gaskets in both side covers tomorrow and the car back on the tug with the connectors loose enough to make the adjustments and be done with it for a while. If Phelonis checks in he has a Velorex car on a Savage also and lots of experience. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #3 - 08/02/08 at 20:57:05

I know there's a Russian model that comes with a Savage bolt on. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but it was the cheapest one available when I was looking into maybe, perhaps, possibly getting one for my bike. Just do some google searches and you'll turn up something. I found places all over the country that carry them. The closest and cheapest for me was one in eastern SD.

Jack

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/02/08 at 21:31:07

probably Ural. Almost all Urals come with sidecars except the Wolf.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #5 - 08/02/08 at 23:31:03

I hear the one they make for "Royal Enfield" will work with a little fudging and fiddling,alas I think it's about 2K.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #6 - 08/03/08 at 10:34:18

That is the COZY brand and they all start at about 3K + universal attaching kit for the Savage. Lots of used stuff on Craig's List Seattle so you might check large cities around where you live. Be patient, do your research and strike quickly when the "goo deal"  comes along. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #7 - 08/03/08 at 17:48:13

Second on what Max said. Lotsa guys buy a hack for various reasons. A guy I knew invested big time in a custom painted sidecar for his Kaw Drifter, then the wife decides she doesn't like riding in it as much as she thought she would. He rode it around a couple times hack, then left the sidecar in the garage. Shame, all that money.
The deals are out there. Look and be patient. Maybe post a "wanted" ad. May be that some guys with hacks don't know they want to sell til they read your ad.
Also, check the scooter messege boards. Those Cozys fit scooters too!

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #8 - 08/04/08 at 04:48:52

let me ask this then and maybe its a stupid idea but i wonder about using a go cart frame for a single seater to use as a base for the sidecar.. i have been thinknig about crating one out of this.. if i can get it all together i have a friend that is a welder..

hmmmm...
i need some info on building one and specs and how they hang to motorcycle as well..
also i have a idea to use snaps and a messed up jeep softtop for the top and i have my windshield off my bike i dont use that could mount to the front of the sidecar...

hmm again i say..
time and creativness but i want safety first and foremost.. this is my little girl riding here and my camera equiptment as well...

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #9 - 08/04/08 at 11:27:18

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress of shopping/fabbing a sidecar.  My nephew is 2 years old now and I was gonna wait till he's 4 or 5 to take him on the bike (maybe!), but if I had a sidecar I'd feel safe much sooner.  I shopped for quite a while and the best I could find was a $2500 EURO model.  Putting a $2500 sidecar on a $4000 bike just didn't make much sense to me.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #10 - 08/04/08 at 20:51:48

There is a lot of engineering that goes in to a sidecar. You're changing the dynamics of the bike in a big way. There are folks on this board with the brainpower to help you, but my guess would be that building one to save the cost of purchase would be false economy.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #11 - 08/06/08 at 07:22:33

Using a go-kart frame....   Make sure the bearings are able to do the highway speeds for prolonged time.  Many go-karts have HD bearing for the shock of bumps but they aren't rated for the highway speeds for long periods of time.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:28:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sidecar

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.