Send Topic Print
Forward Controls (Read 914 times)
Will_C
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Forward Controls
Reply #30 - 09/18/08 at 21:48:07

ED_L:    hey, I'm a newbie to both riding a cycle and learning how to modify.  I just bought an 05 S40.  I'm 6' 1" / 230.  Really found out my foot and seat position is cramped.  These forward controls and seat modification seem like the trick.  Do you make them for the 05, and would you send directions about the install.   Live in NY.  Thanks.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/18/08 at 21:53:22

I'm 6'2" and just put the controls on a couple days ago. You may want to go with 5-6 inchers. The 4" are great and the more I ride with them the more I like them but I could still use a bit more stretch.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #32 - 09/19/08 at 05:31:02

Will_C wrote on 09/18/08 at 21:48:07:
ED_L:    hey, I'm a newbie to both riding a cycle and learning how to modify.  I just bought an 05 S40.  I'm 6' 1" / 230.  Really found out my foot and seat position is cramped.  These forward controls and seat modification seem like the trick.  Do you make them for the 05, and would you send directions about the install.   Live in NY.  Thanks.

Nice thing about the LS650/S40 is that many parts are the same through out all model years.  The foot controls are one of those items.  1986 thru 2008 are interchange-able so the control extensions work on all years....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #33 - 09/19/08 at 13:14:13

I've been recommending the seat lift as the first mod for leg room. It give the rider a lot better position and is the easiest and best bang for the buck. I'm still making the sets, 3 inchers for shorter inseams under 30 inches and the 4 inchers for anyone with a 32 inseam or longer. Thanks to a suggestion by Toymaker (another upgrade) I am also offering a cross brace made out of 3/8 all thread and a piece of tubing that ties the two plates together. It is stuff that you can pick up just in about any hardware store but I thought it would be simpler if I started including it for $5.00 which is my cost for materials. Send me a PM if interested.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 09/19/08 at 20:09:41

do i have to replace the footpeg for the foward control to work?

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #35 - 09/19/08 at 20:14:10

Nope.  The footpeg assemblies bolt right up to the new plates.  It is a very easy mod to do.  I just love mine.  Your seating positon is more like that of a car.
Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 09/19/08 at 21:00:51

you'll need a lift or a friend though. the kickstand and left peg are part of the same assembly which you're moving so you'll need some way to support the bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 18:34:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.