Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thinking about what you're doing (Read 113 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Thinking about what you're doing
07/24/08 at 05:41:41

This is the first year that I haven't taken some kind of MC course in the summer. Also the first time that I haven't felt any need, but  I decided I still needed some kind of a brain refresher, so I'm looking around for some kind of course (not a track day or race class where I have to get my MC set up to pass a track safety exam, but a course for road manuevers (not the ERC - I've taken that a couple of times). Anybody taken a course like this?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Thinking about what you're doing
Reply #1 - 07/24/08 at 06:38:52

Every year or two I am treated to another Defensive Driving Refresher course by Ma Bell.  Defensive driving/riding is the same no matter what you are driving/riding -- the goal being that you will not need to do anything drastic to avoid a collision.

p.s.  Besides thinking, I also talk about what I am doing.  As you listen to yourself you will catch mistakes and correct them before they become problems.

WWW   IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Re: Thinking about what you're doing
Reply #2 - 07/24/08 at 10:14:46

Quote:
p.s.  Besides thinking, I also talk about what I am doing.  As you listen to yourself you will catch mistakes and correct them before they become problems.

Very Good Advice - I find myself doing the same thing, especially when I'm taking corners and curves.

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:21:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thinking about what you're doing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.