ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Hi way speed
Reply #15 - 07/23/08 at 14:17:51

i never said it was safe...  

at 70 i've still got enough throttle to make a 4 car pass with no downshift.  it's a matter of tuning. keep it tuned properly, change plug yearly, oil regularly it does fine as a slabber.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
troglobil

'08 S40

Winder, GA
Reply #16 - 07/23/08 at 15:11:32

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 07/23/08 at 11:09:07:
troglobil wrote on 07/23/08 at 05:35:01:
whats a fork brace?

A fork brace is a chunk of metal that goes between the forks and makes them stiffer.  A lot of people on this board have Tkat's brace: http://www.tkat.com/forkbrace.html

Any my stock '06 tops out at just under 90 indicated with a Suzuki wind screen on it.

thanks.

IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #17 - 07/23/08 at 20:27:57

This weekend I just made a decent trip on the bike- 4 hours one way, 8 hours round trip.  On the way there I was in a hurry so I took the interstate.  I pushed the bike between 70-80 the whole way.  It handled it fine.  My throttle hand went numb and pretty much stayed that way and my backside went numb after about an hour.  But the bike had plenty of power for passing, even on the slab.  

On the return trip, however, I took the old highway.  Let me tell ya, two-lane asphalt at 55-65 through green fields, rolling hills, blind curves and tree-covered corridors beats all hell out of a wide-a**, hard, gray track, getting the snot kicked out of your torso from the wind-blast.  Coming home was dreamy.  I kept thinking, "Now this is why I bought a motorcycle".  On the freeway it was just, "Keep hangin' on 'til the next fuel stop."

Black 2003, Bare-bones, Somewhere along Route 66, Marine Corps Sergeant
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:37:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hi way speed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.