Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front brake line bracket (Read 34 times)
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Front brake line bracket
07/22/08 at 15:51:02

I just did a brake pad replacement and everything is back together except for one thing. The brake line has a metal bracket on it that looks like it attached inside the fender (i think) and it was glued there. Well, when i took the caliper off, the bracket came with it so now the hose just hangs there. Should I do anything about this? Zip tie it to the fork?

[img][/img]

IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Re: Front brake line bracket
Reply #1 - 07/22/08 at 15:57:15

Are you referring to the bracket that mounts where the fender bolts are? There should be a hole for one of the fender bolts and a dimple to keep it from moving

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Reply #2 - 07/22/08 at 15:59:42

Yeah, looks like a previous owner glued it there rather than putting the bolt through. So on the brake line side, there's only one bolt and a dimple, not 2 bolts right? I just looked at it again and got a little worried that a bolt broke off inside the hole since I have 1 bolt and then a short piece of metal in the 2nd hole.

IP Logged
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Reply #3 - 07/22/08 at 18:17:10

So I was partially right. There is only one bolt holding the fender on right now because the 2nd bolt is stuck in there with the head popped off. I'm assuming that when that happened, rather than having the bolt removed and a new one put in, the owner just glued the bracket back on. Lazy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:48:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front brake line bracket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.