Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Adifferent kind of seat mod...with pics (Read 375 times)
Rock_Steady
YaBB Newbies

Get off my lawn!

Re: Adifferent kind of seat mod...with pics
Reply #15 - 09/14/08 at 14:55:46

I had much the same idea this morning when I decided to attack the seat.  Not much of an attack, mind you - I had previously done the seat mod for lifting the front end of the seat.  After looking at what others have done, the 1" #7 stoppers I put there really weren't enough.  Added another 3/4 or an inch in height there and instead of removing the rubber blocks, I added to them by cutting a piece of mine belt (basically 1" thick vulcanized rubber reinforced with kevlar) to sit on the frame rails and zip-tied it in place.

I initially moved the rear seat supports like you did, but find that the rear of the seat is just about my biggest problem - if it is up too high, it hurts.  Bad.  

So, I returned the seat supports to stock configuration, removed the wire harness block from the rear of the seat (no wires sit there anyway) and left it at that.

I would like to tell you that this has done wonders, but with a butt already sore from an hour-long AM ride, I can't tell.  These have made an improvement over stock, but longer trips on the savage are still a no-go.

Good....Bad....I'm the one with the gun.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 13:14:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Adifferent kind of seat mod...with pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.