Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Screamin Eagle? (Dyna Screamin Eagle II sound add) (Read 348 times)
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Screamin Eagle? (Dyna Screamin Eagle II sound add)
07/22/08 at 08:15:45

Ok, again maybe I know this, but I'm curious as I hate buying things twice....

A lot of people on the site state they have Screamin Eagle pipes, and I LOVE the sound "byte" listed..... But which one?

Are you using a Screamin Eagle Sportster pipe or a Screamin Eagle Dyna pipe??????? They are both made, but no one seems to know what the sound "byte" was (Sportster or Dyna) and you all seem to just say Screamin Eagle without stating the model....

Really why I ask is I like the idea of the Dyna direct bolt on, but love the sound of the Screamin Eagles, plus no one seems to complain about them..... Sportsters are easier to find, but if the Dynas are easlier to install and sound better than I will go that route.

« Last Edit: 09/02/08 at 20:12:45 by daweise1 »  

Dyna SE II Black muffler, HD Touring tank(6gals), Pingel petcock, HD Heel rest, Custom handlebars(Rock Chops), Adjure Flamed Headlight with spotlights, HD Flamed Signals, Oldys Gangster Fenders, Paint
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Re: Screamin Eagle?
Reply #1 - 07/22/08 at 16:07:20

I don't really know which one I have because the seller just listed it as a Screamin Eagle exhaust. I'm very happy with the sound though. If it helps, mine has the slash cut end and it basically a straight pipe with a removable baffle. With the baffle in there is still a space that you can see straight through the pipe but it doesn't sound ridiculously loud (Imo). Maybe someone will chime in as to the difference of the models..I'd like to know which one I have also

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #2 - 07/22/08 at 16:53:52

If you really want to know, look for the model number on the muffler and google it... I have done this for several on e-bay to find out they were for a Softtail.....

Dyna SE II Black muffler, HD Touring tank(6gals), Pingel petcock, HD Heel rest, Custom handlebars(Rock Chops), Adjure Flamed Headlight with spotlights, HD Flamed Signals, Oldys Gangster Fenders, Paint
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #3 - 07/22/08 at 21:27:06

Well I just went out to the garage to check it out and no model #..hmm..there is a huge disclaimer on it about closed course competition only blah blah blah..oh well doesn't matter I guess cause it has a great sound!

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #4 - 07/22/08 at 22:14:36

If it has the disclaimer, it probably is SE as they are not road legal and Hd has stopped selling them. Wasn't too defensible to put an off road only part on a bike that might never see a gravel road/driveway even. If it gives you smiles, it is great. I am trying a JCWhitney double pass glasspak on the sidecar tug. It is pretty big but so far the sound is nice and I was able to extend the outlet to get it past the back of the bike and car with a chrome tip and that was part of the plan. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #5 - 07/30/08 at 13:19:31

For those that wish to know; I went with Screamin Eagle Dyna muffler powercoated in black.....

Should arrive today, and I will post the sound if anyone wants to hear.

Let the fun begin, and if I'm really lucky, Lancer's jets will be there too for me. Please mister Postman, please......

« Last Edit: 09/02/08 at 20:14:21 by daweise1 »  

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #6 - 07/30/08 at 15:13:24

daweise1 wrote on 07/30/08 at 13:19:31:
For those that wish to know; I went with Screamin Eagle Dyna muffler powercoated in black.....

Should arrive today, and I will post the sound if anyone wants to hear.

Let the funny begin, and if I'm really lucky, Lancer's jets will be there too for me. Please mister Postman, please......

Remember to do a before and after so we can compare......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #7 - 09/02/08 at 20:09:43

Stock pipes on pure stock 2004
http://www.bikemovies.com/movie/009111/

Dyna Screamin Eagle II on a pure stock 2004
http://www.bikemovies.com/movie/009112/

IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Re: Screamin Eagle? (Dyna Screamin Eagle II sound
Reply #8 - 09/03/08 at 06:27:48

Hehe.  Almost forgot what it sounded like stock.  Grin

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 09/03/08 at 06:38:16

Moofed wrote on 09/03/08 at 06:27:48:
Hehe.  Almost forgot what it sounded like stock.  Grin
george jetsons' car

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #10 - 09/03/08 at 07:23:29

I recall some concerns that the sportster muff was too restrictive.
As  1/2 of an 883 V-twin = 441.5cc's
The Dyna muff is for the larger Harley & a better match for the 650 was the thinking.
Still I would think that a Screamin eagle for the 883 would be an adequate improvement over the stock Suzy restriction.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #11 - 09/03/08 at 10:35:49

oh, it will be a cold day in h@ll before I remove my Dyna Screamin Eagle II..... I LOVE the sound...

Plus I look at it this way.... Stock, my wife could not hear my stock pipes unless I was WOT following 2 car lengths behind me..... With the SE II, she said that she "knows" I am there, but it is not to the point a cop in a car would be concerned.......

Perfect....................... Cool

IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #12 - 09/03/08 at 11:23:28

daweise1 wrote on 09/03/08 at 10:35:49:
oh, it will be a cold day in h@ll before I remove my Dyna Screamin Eagle II..... I LOVE the sound...

Plus I look at it this way.... Stock, my wife could not hear my stock pipes unless I was WOT following 2 car lengths behind me..... With the SE II, she said that she "knows" I am there, but it is not to the point a cop in a car would be concerned.......

Perfect....................... Cool

Did you have to rejet when you changed the exhaust?

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #13 - 09/04/08 at 02:11:45

I have not yet at this time, but I have Lancer's jets here waiting.... I had a leaking gas tank that I had to resolve first.....

The 2003 Touring tank goes on this weekend so I will see how that all works out....

The limited 1/4 mile rides (2) I did do seemed like it was ok as is......

IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #14 - 09/04/08 at 08:05:11

hey there daweise1, just purchased the same exhaust for my 97, I also recieved my Lancer jet kit and K&N air filter today in the mail. I was wondering how your exhaust switch went over? Relatively easy? Did you have to fab up a bracket for the SEII so it would attach to factory mounts? All your knowledge here would be a big help.
Mine is a slash cut, has the closed course warning and has the #'s 80349 00RA on the mount bracket (whether this means anything or not).

Thanks

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:38:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screamin Eagle? (Dyna Screamin Eagle II sound add)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.