Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Turn signals flash too fast (Read 224 times)
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Turn signals flash too fast
Reply #15 - 07/25/08 at 06:51:47

Aitatxo wrote on 07/25/08 at 02:58:24:
Ok Guys,
I pulled out the bulbs, and they are all 12v 21w filiment bulbs, not LEDs.

The other main point is that the flashing gets quicker the higher the revs, is this a Reg/rectifer problem? Shocked

I wish someone would have mentioned that earlier.  It sounds like a valid idea to me.  But I'm no electrician. Smiley

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Aitatxo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #16 - 07/25/08 at 07:30:01

I though I did at the start of all of this?

Embarrassed

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #17 - 07/25/08 at 07:50:40

You did.  I was making a tongue in cheek referrence to the fact that I did too in an effort to make myself look like I know what the heck I'm talking about. Grin

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #18 - 07/25/08 at 09:07:14

You need a voltmeter, preferably a digital one, to check that. Connect it to the battery and observe the voltage, everything off. The meter shoiuld show about 12.6 volts. Then start the engine and observe the meter. Engine idling, probably about the same. Engine revved (not to screaming levels) voltage should rise as it charges the battery to about 14.4. Much over that will overcharge the battery pretty soon. Before you go mad changing out regulators, repeat the test with a known good, fully charged battery.

On an older motorcycle it doesn't hurt to check all the wiring connections. Battery terminals corrode, connectors corrode, connections loosen, and any of that can cause grief. Make sure to check any ground connections where wires or cables are connected to the frame or engine.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:27:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signals flash too fast

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.