Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are the newer Savages plastic? (Read 165 times)
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Are the newer Savages plastic?
07/18/08 at 17:54:54

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a piece of metal on Kay's bike to tie, bungie, or strap to.  Angry   The entire body is made of plastic.  Fender, side cover, the works.  I got to wondering, are they doing the same thing with the savage?  I haven't petted a new one, and can't really tell from the pictures I see.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Re: Are the newer Savages plastic?
Reply #1 - 07/18/08 at 18:34:53

The Savage is about the only bike in Suzuki's lineup that hasn't got the plastic fenders and stuff. For some reason it just doesn't seem like a cruiser when its got plastic fenders Undecided

« Last Edit: 07/18/08 at 19:38:12 by strangeling »  

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 07/18/08 at 19:36:50

The stock headlight bucket is plastic, one of the reasons mine has been replaced.  Haven't poked at them, but I'd bet the turn signal housings are also plastic.  Lets' see....  airbox, seat covering, ah....

Not too horribly much.  But then, the dies for the larger items all date from the early-mid '80's and it's cheaper to continue producing metal than to make new dies/etc. for plastic.  We're not talking a high production bike here.  Would be interesting to find out what the yearly world production figures are for the Savage/S40, compared with, say, the SV650.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/19/08 at 00:16:09

Thats one of the thing I love about the Savage. My 05 model has steel fenders & tins on the side. Yea, turn signals glue back together after a crash, if all the bits are saved. If not, well, its got a gap. One of the first admirers back when I got it was surprised to see metal fenders & was duly impressed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #4 - 07/19/08 at 12:13:20

I am always teasing my brother about his 81 GL500, just about everything except the tank is plastic. When we repainted a few days ago he was saying:

"Okay, when these dry we can put the tins back on."

"Don't you mean the plastics? MINE are tins."  Wink

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/19/08 at 18:29:43

I have an 08' and my fenders are not plastic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:26:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Are the newer Savages plastic?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.