Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cateye taillight, side mount plate and sporty seat (Read 406 times)
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Cateye taillight, side mount plate and sporty
Reply #15 - 07/20/08 at 05:41:32

PA probably doesn't require turns because the use of hand signals I'd available... I may just do one like that! Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
bacon13
YaBB Newbies

Minnesota
Reply #16 - 07/22/08 at 15:27:16

Starzuki or anyone else who did this mod-

Can someone help me out on how to mount this type of lens under the fender? I ordered one and it's on the way. It doesn't come with a mounting bracket so I need to find one or make one.

IP Logged
Starzuki
YaBB Newbies

Is today your day?

Reply #17 - 07/22/08 at 16:11:24

This is the short version.

What I did with my was pull the entire tailight assembly off as well as the lic. plate mount bracket. The new light has a down light (for lighting the lic. plate) so you don't need the old lic. plate illuminator light. When you pull the bracket off you'll see that the illuminator light is mounted by a rubber gasket on the bracket. Pull the stock rubber mount as well as the light and tailight assembly off of the mounting bracket.

The new light should be able to fit in the mounting holes of the old tailight illuminator rubber gasket (again, the light that lights the lic. plate). You should be able to get a couple of small fender washers and call it good in order to mount in the already existing holes.

I ended up chopping my tailight bracket just under the tailight so that the extra bracket and material (that was used by the illuminator and lic. plate) was just discarded. Makes for a real clean application.

In order to utilize the stock wires and harness there is a bit more work thats involved but its still doable. Frankly you could spend just as much time soldering the connections together in order for it to work just as well. The day I did it, I was feeling a bit ambitious.

If you'd like more specifics feel free to PM me. Enjoy!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 06:55:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cateye taillight, side mount plate and sporty seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.