need to rejet carb. (Read 97 times)
knox co. thumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ohio
need to rejet carb.
07/15/08 at 15:20:02

Anyone know where I can order the parts to rejet my carb.

Ride it regardless of the weather!
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: need to rejet carb.
Reply #1 - 07/15/08 at 15:46:54

We just happen to have our own carb guru who supplies jet sets for a very reasonable price on this board.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1186238271/0

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
oksavage

Reply #2 - 07/15/08 at 19:34:14

I didn't want to start a new topic so here goes.  i was checking the carb in my 86' to see what jets it had.  (It came with a Jardine slip-on and used to be a California bike but has been modified)  Anyway, as I was cleaning the carb a spring fell out it's about a quarter of an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil.  I was using the carb cleaning link in the tech section but I can't find this spring anywhere in the pictures.  Where did it come from??  Also, should there have been a brass washer under the screw for the main valve?  Thanks
one more thing if the screw on the main valve says 155 does that mean what needle it is??

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 07/15/08 at 19:41:56

oksavage wrote on 07/15/08 at 19:34:14:
I didn't want to start a new topic so here goes.  i was checking the carb in my 86' to see what jets it had.  (It came with a Jardine slip-on and used to be a California bike but has been modified)  Anyway, as I was cleaning the carb a spring fell out it's about a quarter of an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil.  I was using the carb cleaning link in the tech section but I can't find this spring anywhere in the pictures.  Where did it come from??  Also, should there have been a brass washer under the screw for the main valve?  Thanks
one more thing if the screw on the main valve says 155 does that mean what needle it is??

I'm assuming by "valve" you are actually referring to the jet? If so, that 155 is a bigger than stock main jet which means the PO at least re-jetted when he put on the Jardine.

But to clarify, the "valve" you are talking about, is it a brass screw looking thing with a hole through the center of it? if it is, that is a jet not a valve and yes, there should have been a brass washer under the main jet.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #4 - 07/15/08 at 20:02:24

155 main jet was stock in those days.  At least it was on my '87 and '88.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
oksavage

Reply #5 - 07/16/08 at 12:20:10

thanks so much, sorry for the incorrect part naming Embarrassed Should there have been a spring inside the housing with the idle mix screw? What exactly will the rejet of the pilot jet do for my bike.  The main is a 155 but the pilot is the stock.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #6 - 07/16/08 at 14:02:47

oksavage wrote on 07/16/08 at 12:20:10:
thanks so much, sorry for the incorrect part naming Embarrassed Should there have been a spring inside the housing with the idle mix screw? What exactly will the rejet of the pilot jet do for my bike.  The main is a 155 but the pilot is the stock.

The Idel Mix screw has a spring on it.  It helps keep it from vibrating out.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:21:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need to rejet carb.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.