Page 6 in tech documents

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: tool kit
Reply #16 - 07/16/08 at 15:49:55

Last year I stopped at my dealership with a question about the tools in the kit. He had either three or four new '07 S40s on the floor, same year as mine, and not one of them had a toolkit. He sent one of the guys back to the back to look around for them, and they couldn't find them either. Mine has the toolkit, as far as I know complete.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
troglobil

'08 S40

Winder, GA
Reply #17 - 07/16/08 at 16:40:02

Well after reading how everybody else got one, I called Suzuki back and told them that everyone on here said it should have one. Their story changed. Tomorrow they are calling my dealer and telling them the part # to order for me.
It pays to be persistant.

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/16/08 at 18:45:58

Thanks Justin & T Mack!  I will have to try this puzzle again!   Undecided

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 07/16/08 at 18:54:29

Once you get the tool kit, see what's in it, then replace everything with good quality tools of the same size.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
troglobil

'08 S40

Winder, GA
Reply #20 - 07/16/08 at 19:09:12

Starlifter wrote on 07/16/08 at 18:54:29:
Once you get the tool kit, see what's in it, then replace everything with good quality tools of the same size.

the problem will be finding tools the right lenth to fit in the tool compartment. I don't have saddle bags.

IP Logged
PhotoProf

Only the mediocre
are always at their
best!

Reply #21 - 07/16/08 at 19:12:41

I have a 07 S40 and it came with a tool kit, but I don't think it came with any kind of wrench to loosen the rear wheel nut (24mm) on the left side. Did anyone have something that would do this or am I just delusional?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 07/16/08 at 19:21:59

The 24mm is in mine.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #23 - 07/17/08 at 04:10:25

Bought an '08 from the dealer in the spring. Tool kit was there. They're full of beans tellin' you that they no longer come with one.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
SuziQ

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oshawa, Ontario Canada
Reply #24 - 07/17/08 at 05:01:03

My 08 came with a 7 piece tool kit.  1 pair of pliers, 2 open end wrenches, a double ended spark plug wrench that could double for something else, gauge for drive belt tension check,  a screwdriver and an allan wrench (key).  I wouldn't likely use any of these but would go to my toolbox and select a high quality tool.  I photo'd the tool kit but am unable to make a post of the photo.    

IP Logged
troglobil

'08 S40

Winder, GA
Reply #25 - 07/17/08 at 06:07:27

thats sounds like the one pictured in the tech pages. I realize the tools aren't worth much, but now it has become a matter of principle.

IP Logged
SavageDanny
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 07/17/08 at 06:45:53

I have an 88 that has had more than one previous owner.  I never used the tool kit that came with the bike until recently. That's when I noticed it said Yamaha on the bag of tools.  Shocked

Flat Black 88

IP Logged
PhotoProf

Only the mediocre
are always at their
best!

Reply #27 - 07/17/08 at 18:23:50

My kit sounds similar to SuziQ's... I would have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle if the belt needed adjustment! Since purchased a 24mm socket so should be set.

IP Logged
SuziQ

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oshawa, Ontario Canada
Reply #28 - 07/18/08 at 08:38:48

SuziQ wrote on 07/17/08 at 05:01:03:
My 08 came with a 7 piece tool kit.  1 pair of pliers, 2 open end wrenches, a double ended spark plug wrench that could double for something else, gauge for drive belt tension check,  a screwdriver and an allan wrench (key).  I wouldn't likely use any of these but would go to my toolbox and select a high quality tool.  I photo'd the tool kit but am unable to make a post of the photo.    

Back to the tool kit.  I saw my 08 being taken out of the box so I assume the tool kit had never been touched since leaving Japanese shores.  It is pretty useless.  There are no sockets to remove either the front or rear wheels.  I checked the fastener sizes on my wheels.  The front is a 14mm hex plus the required 6mm allan to remove the pinch bolt.  On the rear is a 24mm hex on the left and a 17mm hex on the right side.  If purchasing a 24mm socket, you could go with a deep design as my Snap On was a bit shallow and bottomed out before capturing the hexes fully. Buy hex and not 12 point.  Snap on tools are expensive but incorporate a 'flank drive' hex which has a slight radius on each hex to grip the flats and not the corners.  I noticed my rear 24mm had been slightly mutilated on the corners at assembly, probably from worn tooling in the factory.  Always use a torque wrench and read how to use it properly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:32:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tool kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.