First Service Completed (Read 94 times)
craigq
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, ON
First Service Completed
07/13/08 at 17:06:11

I did the initial 600 mile/1000 km service today, with the help of this board, the SFSM and the Clymer, and my spousal unit  Smiley Thanks for the help everyone who has contributed to the how-to's etc on this site!

The valve adjustment is easier than on an EX250, yet more difficult than on a CBR125R. The intake valves valves were spot-on 0.005"; the exhaust valves were loose, like 0.007" loose so I tightened those down to 0.005".

The decompression solenoid cable had almost zero freeplay, yet I never really noticed any problems starting.

The chassis nuts/bolts tightening seemed to take forever, they all seemed fine except for the belt plate bolts.

Time to put some more KM on the bike.

2009 WR250R/X
  IP Logged
sidny4
YaBB Newbies

Thumping since May

Fargo, ND
Re: First Service Completed
Reply #1 - 07/22/08 at 20:05:54

What all is done for the first service? I have been searching the forums here but I haven't found much of anything as to what needs to be done for this first service. Does anyone recommend taking it to the stealership and have them do the service? Any tutorials/info will be greatly appreciated.

'08 Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 07/22/08 at 20:24:39

sidny4 wrote on 07/22/08 at 20:05:54:
What all is done for the first service? I have been searching the forums here but I haven't found much of anything as to what needs to be done for this first service. Does anyone recommend taking it to the stealership and have them do the service? Any tutorials/info will be greatly appreciated.

Don't you have the Owners manual????   It's in there.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
sidny4
YaBB Newbies

Thumping since May

Fargo, ND
Reply #3 - 07/22/08 at 20:51:27

Yup, I checked it out earlier, I just wasn't sure if that was all there was to do or if there was some other things that needed to be done as well.

'08 Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:56:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First Service Completed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.