Send Topic Print
Best peace of mind (Read 177 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Best peace of mind
07/12/08 at 23:15:40

Put a few thousand miles on my bike since I installed the Verslavy1. I'm going to be heading out soon for a month long road trip and figured just to be safe while I'm doing all my tune ups and changing the oil I might aswell have a look see and see how its holding up. Again I cant get over how worth it was to buy the Verslavy. No change in the plunger extension. Still running like a champ. Anyone dealing with the cam chain tensioner issue that may be debating "stock or verslavy?" i strongly urge you to go Verslavy. And Verslagen, as long as I'm out and about, where y'at? I feel I owe you a beer.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Best peace of mind
Reply #1 - 07/12/08 at 23:29:17

BurnPgh,

Be sure and take lots of pics. With the price of gas, all my trips are vicarious. :'(

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/12/08 at 23:39:50

I'm still in LA, just had that italian savage over mpescatori.  I bought him a beer.  Took him to the races (nascar) at the local track.  Had a great time then it rained and the last 2 races were cancelled.  We had to skedadle out of there due to lightning.  Man when those roman party... if the lights go out there's a definite chance the towns gonna burn down.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #3 - 07/12/08 at 23:41:55

BurnPgh,

A month long trip....Awesome! Grin

Where ya going?

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/13/08 at 00:12:52

west...and south. My brother lives in juarez. Anyone thats been following the news is mildly aware of the drug war in el paso/juarez. Last week he found body parts a few block from his home. Not bodies...body parts. The gangs post hit list of the cops they're going to kill on the doors of the police station. He was caught in the middle of downtown el paso during a drive by a month ago. 1 cop killed, 2 bystanders killed, 2 wounded. Mugged the week before last. He's forbidden me to come but I'm going to anyhow just to visit and make sure he's okay. He's a missionary. His wife is Mexican and she HAD a visa until SHE got mugged about a year ago. He wont leave without her and neither of them will let me sneak them across. The paperwork to get her a new one is expensive and time consuming (a year in forms and processing so far not mention the money). Im gunna visit him. Hopefully get to the Grand Canyon before I have to turn around. Visit a friend in FL and another friends dad in MS. And go to that place in TN where you can see 7 states. theres a fair chance I wont get to any of those destinations though (except for Juarez). If the road says west or south and looks interesting thats the road I'm taking. Who knows what I'll find between here and there.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/13/08 at 00:23:05

Please be careful. You might want to stowe that bike somewhere safe stateside and heve your bro pick you up in El Paso. They take off with it in Juarez, and it's gone.

Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 07/13/08 at 10:14:07

I've been itching for a long ride, might make a night run to grand canyon if the timing right.  Keep me posted.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 07/13/08 at 12:24:55

You can take off about midnight, ride to the Grand Canyon, along the East Rim, back down US89 to the Interstate and home before midnight.  1023 miles < 24 hours.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #8 - 07/13/08 at 12:38:23

BurnPgh,

I havent been keeping up with the news,but read about it online last night.

Be safe. Wishing you the best!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #9 - 07/21/08 at 03:36:00

BurnPgh wrote on 07/13/08 at 00:12:52:
west...and south. My brother lives in juarez. Anyone thats been following the news is mildly aware of the drug war in el paso/juarez. Last week he found body parts a few block from his home. Not bodies...body parts. The gangs post hit list of the cops they're going to kill on the doors of the police station. He was caught in the middle of downtown el paso during a drive by a month ago. 1 cop killed, 2 bystanders killed, 2 wounded. Mugged the week before last. He's forbidden me to come but I'm going to anyhow just to visit and make sure he's okay. He's a missionary. His wife is Mexican and she HAD a visa until SHE got mugged about a year ago. He wont leave without her and neither of them will let me sneak them across. The paperwork to get her a new one is expensive and time consuming (a year in forms and processing so far not mention the money). Im gunna visit him. Hopefully get to the Grand Canyon before I have to turn around. Visit a friend in FL and another friends dad in MS. And go to that place in TN where you can see 7 states. theres a fair chance I wont get to any of those destinations though (except for Juarez). If the road says west or south and looks interesting thats the road I'm taking. Who knows what I'll find between here and there.

BurnPgh,
I've been thinking alot about your brother's and sister-in-law's plight. Could we take up a collection to help with their legal expenses? It would be nice if they at least had the option to flee across the border, if they had to.
Let us know.

Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 07/21/08 at 04:10:32

Say the word, I'm in with some $$. Thats a dangerous place.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:22:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Best peace of mind

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.