Newbie with  questions (Read 72 times)
hands2005
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Carolina
Newbie with  questions
07/11/08 at 18:42:03

Undecided I just  bought  my  bike about 2 months ago and have a  few questions.  
1.  Is it the savage the same as the Boulevard S40 650? I'm thinking it is, cause it looks like they changed they names or maybe the line name.
2.  How  do I make my head light stop rattling since I  put on the windscreen? I tried  putting  foam rubber behind it and it still makes the  sound and makes my bike shake.  
3. last one I promise ( well for today anyway)  why does the  right  peg ( under the brake) where your foot rests while  riding vibrate so much.  It makes  my  foot numb  Shocked
Thanks in advance for your help!

Proud ower of a 2007 Suzuki S40!!!!
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re:  Newbie with  questions
Reply #1 - 07/11/08 at 19:00:24

hands2005 wrote on 07/11/08 at 18:42:03:
Undecided I just  bought  my  bike about 2 months ago and have a  few questions.  
1.  Is it the savage the same as the Boulevard S40 650? I'm thinking it is, cause it looks like they changed they names or maybe the line name.  
2.  How  do I make my head light stop rattling since I  put on the windscreen? I tried  putting  foam rubber behind it and it still makes the  sound and makes my bike shake.  3. last one I promise ( well for today anyway)  why does the  right  peg ( under the brake) where your foot rests while  riding vibrate so much.  It makes  my  foot numb  Shocked

1. Yep, basically the same.
2. Haven't figured that out yet, have the same problem.
3. Don't have that experience, try some thicker rubber padding on the peg?  Better boots?

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #2 - 07/11/08 at 19:00:28

1.  Yes, it's the same.  I'm sure if you search this forum enough (make sure you change the default from "week" to "all", you will find details of all changes between all model years (not kidding).

2.  I can't answer; I know somebody else will.  Again, use the search feature beyond one week.

3.  My peg vibrates too.  I read somewhere on here that tightening the peg or maybe one of the heat shield bolts helps.  I know you'll find something in a search.

2.  How  do I make my head light stop rattling since I  put on the windscreen? I tried  putting  foam rubber behind it and it still makes the  sound and makes my bike shake.  
3. last one I promise ( well for today anyway)  why does the  right  peg ( under the brake) where your foot rests while  riding vibrate so much.  It makes  my  foot numb  Shocked

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #3 - 07/11/08 at 20:05:41

Hey. Hands, is this you.  The young guy with his girlfriend/partner out side of Valdese?  It's me. Toymaker.

Btw...he has a really nice bike....(if it is the same guy)

Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/11/08 at 20:50:48

1.  Is it the savage the same as the Boulevard S40 650?
2.  How  do I make my head light stop rattling since I  put on the windscreen?
3.  why does the  right  peg ( under the brake) where your foot rests while  riding vibrate so much.  

1. mostly, some differences
2. Tighten the screws at the bottom where it attaches to the tree?  Also the wires inside will rattle inside, some have put a rag in there.
3. there are several bolts that go thru the frame and attach the engine to the frame.  Torque them, if they're loose the peg will vibrate more.

WWW   IP Logged
hands2005
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Carolina
Reply #5 - 07/11/08 at 20:53:34

Toymaker,  hubby and I both have  bikes his is a Suzuki, but  no we're not right outside of valdese.  But hubby does have a nice bike

Proud ower of a 2007 Suzuki S40!!!!
  IP Logged
wifes bike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/11/08 at 20:56:54

well i think your cute
Kiss

IP Logged
wifes bike