Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Anyone here ever deal with Kwik_bay? (ebay dealer) (Read 767 times)
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Anyone here ever deal with Kwik_bay? (ebay dea
Reply #15 - 07/14/08 at 09:05:38

gazoo07 wrote on 07/12/08 at 12:47:39:
I had the same problem trying to adapt a 1 3/4 muffler to the stock headpipe. I dont know the exact size. It is metric. A little bit smaller than 1 5/8. If you buy this reducer set http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10111/s-10101/p-100000147179/... it will adapt a 1 3/4 pipe to the savage but you will also have to use Permatex Ultra Copper High temp RTV Silicone to seal it and prevent leaks. Let the silicone dry overnight before starting engine

Thanks.  I was able to crank down on the clamp enough that I now only have a tiny leak not enough to cause any performance issues.  I'll look into the set, thanks.

IP Logged
bhcarl
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 07/14/08 at 17:36:08

I had problems with him shipping my order, after about three weeks I finally got it, I won''t ever do any business with him again.

IP Logged
knox co. thumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ohio
Reply #17 - 07/14/08 at 17:54:30

Joined and read this post 1 Day too late.

Ordered a muffler from him yesterday for my S40.

Everyone please cross your fingers for me.

P.S. Luckily I ordered the jetset from Lancer.

Ride it regardless of the weather!
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #18 - 07/15/08 at 21:35:49

Have ya'll seen what he is peddling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-SAVAGE-LS650-PERFORMANCE-UPGRADE-GUIDE-...

I just read the full description and I just had to laugh. I am tempted to buy it just to see what his "100% Guaranteed Zero cost mods are."

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
SV og LS

Kawasaki ZZR 1200

Reply #19 - 07/16/08 at 01:26:23

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/15/08 at 21:35:49:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-SAVAGE-LS650-PERFORMANCE-UPGRADE-GUIDE-...

I just read the full description and I just had to laugh. I am tempted to buy it just to see what his "100% Guaranteed Zero cost mods are."

'Prolly a Hartmann mod, idle mixture and needle lift. Can't think of many other no cost modifications.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 07/16/08 at 03:33:10

"free" has a loose meaning to some folks, we have a whole lot of <$10 mods that we do around here.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 07/16/08 at 05:04:05

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/15/08 at 21:35:49:

I ordered his dvd last year just to see what was on it.  It is a mish-mash collection of motorcycle stuff from around the net, with some more specific stuff on the LS650...most of which comes from the tech section of this website or discussion items from other parts of this site.
The only thing I saw that was anything near original for him was that he also included a complete copy of the book "The Zen of Motorcycle Maintenance" (I think that is the way the title goes but could be a bit off on it).  Over all, there is almost nothing on the entire disc that is really usable, just a bunch of ho-hum stuff.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #22 - 07/16/08 at 05:56:03

I notice he also sells a smaller version of Lancer's jet kit but does include 4 new allen head bolts to replace the soft phillips head vacuum lid bolts.

That would be something someone on this forum could consider selling if they have a ready source. Where I live they have to be special ordered which means I have to take the carb apart, take the old screws in for them to measure, they have to send out the order and I have to wait a week to 10 days for them to come in.   :'(

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
knox co. thumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ohio
Reply #23 - 07/16/08 at 12:23:10

I found my replacement bolts at Lowes. Even had them in stainless.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #24 - 07/16/08 at 13:17:08

I'd like to know how he plans on UPLOADING that to my PC...  Shocked

Quote:
This file will be uploaded to you so there is also ZERO COST for shipping.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - 07/16/08 at 14:25:22

Mr. Hyde wrote on 07/16/08 at 05:56:03:
I notice he also sells a smaller version of Lancer's jet kit but does include 4 new allen head bolts to replace the soft phillips head vacuum lid bolts.

That would be something someone on this forum could consider selling if they have a ready source. .   :'(

A year or so back there was a member here who did sell stainless screw sets for the stock carb; I believe it included the 4 top and 4 bottom screws and only charged $5  for it, incl shp.  He worked at a place that made bolts and machine screws if my memory is correct, and got the stuff at their cost which was way low.  I had his name and address around for quite a while but have lost track of it.

I have considered adding the screws to the JETSET, but would need to find them at a really good price to do it.  The prices at Lowe's and the local hardware are prohibitive.

IP Logged
knox co. thumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ohio
Reply #26 - 07/16/08 at 14:45:41

yea for resale lowes is cost inhibitive. wouldn't want a good deal to get overly costly by trying to add too much.

IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 08/15/08 at 08:33:33

Just to incase anyone is curious of what happened here's an update.

I contacted him to tell him that it didn't fit...etc, and he said that if I send it to him then he will send me another one.  I'm not really sure what that means since I told him the size I needed and he said that there weren't any larger ones.  Did he magically come up with one?

Anyway, I finally got some time to go to the post office and sent it out.  I did that on July 31st.  I check the delivery confirmation and it was delivered 2 days later (Aug 2nd).

As i'm sure many of you have guessed, but it's been 2 weeks since and not even so much as an email even after I sent a couple "friendly reminders".  What a douche.  I'm glad it wasn't on a more expensive part.

I hope this thread teaches others not to bother with this guy.

IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 08/15/08 at 08:48:46

Update part #2:

So I was afraid that I was outside of my PayPal dispute period, but I explained the situation and they were so nice and reopened it.  Now I have a claim against him.

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #29 - 08/16/08 at 13:44:20

Is this the guy that says "WHAT A LIAR!" anytime somebody leaves a negative comment?  It's possibly the same guy I got my DynaMuffler from.  It seems like he sat on it for a week before shipping it, and then it didn't come with the brass sleeve that was mentioned in the eBay ad.  The directions were OK and advised cutting aluminum strips from soda cans.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:25:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone here ever deal with Kwik_bay? (ebay dealer)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.