Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal alarm buzzer (Read 54 times)
Royal
YaBB Newbies

Ride like the Devil,
he's gaining on you.

Kansas and Texas
Turn signal alarm buzzer
07/11/08 at 11:18:56

For safety sake I wanted a turn signal buzzer on my 2008 S40. I removed the headlight rim and bulb. There is a lot of room behind the bulb and a generous cutout in back for the wires to enter and exit the headlight housing. I purchased 2 Radio Shack 12 VDC Piezo Buzzers 273-60. I simply soldered about a foot of automotive wire (two wires encased in a sheath) to each of the buzzers. I ran each set of wires through the headlight housing and using silicone rubber glued the buzzers to each side of the gusset on the frame behind the forks. I stripped away a small area of the insulation on each of the wires going to each turnsignal (inside the headlight housing), soldered and taped the connections. I used heat shrink tubing on the soldered connections at the buzzers. I was a little concerned that perhaps the buzzers with 86db might be too soft. They work great. The sound is not loud enough to be irritating yet loud enough to be heard. I used two buzzers rather than one thus not having to solder in a couple of diodes to isolate the lights.

IP Logged
Todd Perry
YaBB Newbies

Straighten up and
fly right....

Orlando, FL
Re: Turn signal alarm buzzer
Reply #1 - 07/11/08 at 15:58:42

Sounds like an easy solution, and at 5mA each, I doubt the bike's electrical system will ever even notice the difference!

One question, though - any idea about "weather-worthiness"? That area isn't too exposed....but just curious. I suppose at $5/ea, I could afford to replace them from time to time. Wink

Which way to the BBQ joint?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:23:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal alarm buzzer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.