Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new S40 owner looking for some muffler information (Read 165 times)
crownironman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

new S40 owner looking for some muffler information
07/10/08 at 19:10:14

I just bought my wife a new S40 and I am looking for a muffler to put on her bike that is louder than the stock but not really loud, she does not want it really loud, just loud enough to be heard in traffic.  I also would like to know a good starting point for jet sizes to get rid of the backfire and go with the recommened muffler.

thanks
Jeff

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Re: new S40 owner looking for some muffler informa
Reply #1 - 07/10/08 at 19:17:22

I second crownironman's question!  I would like a muffler add-on that's not toooo loud nor toooo wimpy as the OEM muffler.

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #2 - 07/10/08 at 19:35:58

I either just typed this in another thread,  Undecidedor it's deja vu all over again.  There is a collection of recordings in the Technical section entitled "Savage Sounds."  It's a good place to start.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/10/08 at 23:21:01

You can get some performance boost & better sound from HD take off muffs, a couple of types work well I think the Dyna is the better looking. Thats the lo buck approach. If you want easy carb tuning, the Supertrapp is tuneable & has a nice sound. Romp on it, it makes noise, run easy & it'll roll thru a Hospital zone & you wont go to jail. They are a bit spendy, but make tuning easy & I am happy with mine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #4 - 07/11/08 at 16:14:36

I agree HD take off's are the cheapest route to go and they look very nice too that's what i put on mine and it sounds like a motorcycle with or without the baffle in it . If you want to buy a new one and spend some money i would go with MAC not too expensive but higher priced than the HD takeoff's . Definately check out the muffler sound page in the tech section it will give you a good idea on what you might want to get .

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #5 - 07/11/08 at 16:17:23

I also wanted to add in the tech section you will find every bit of information you will need from what muff you will want to how to install them , rejetting and carb tuning there is some really good pics and step by step instructions thanks to all the efforts from the guys here at Suzuki Savage.com

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/12/08 at 12:58:20

this might make me sound silly, but when you say HD takeoff's do you mean getting a muffler from a HD bike?  and if so, what kind will fit our bike's?  Thanks Embarrassed

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #7 - 07/12/08 at 14:25:00

That's exactly what we are saying. A muffler off of a Harley Davidson. A lot of folks here use the muffs off of a Dyna (which I am assuming they mean Dyna Wide Glide which is of course a Harley)

Not sure of other Harley model exhausts.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #8 - 07/12/08 at 14:34:08

My 2006 has a Harley Sportster muffler.  It had it on the bike when I bought it.  Supposedly easy to install, according to the guy who sold me the bike.

Personally, I wish I had the stock muffler, mine is a bit loud for my taste, but then, I'm an OF.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #9 - 07/12/08 at 14:36:44

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/12/08 at 14:25:00:
That's exactly what we are saying. A muffler off of a Harley Davidson. A lot of folks here use the muffs off of a Dyna (which I am assuming they mean Dyna Wide Glide which is of course a Harley)

Not sure of other Harley model exhausts.

Wow,that was what I was going to say....a Dyna Cool
(I would have gotten that answer right Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
wallcrawler
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Natrona Heights, Pa.
Reply #10 - 07/12/08 at 20:12:27

I have a 96 savage with a Jardine exaust.  love the sound but a little loud for my tase.   Got a Dyna muffler off E-bay for 25 dollars  going to try that and see if I can quiet it down just a bit.

wallcrawler   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:35:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new S40 owner looking for some muffler information

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.