Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Who's running a Jardine slip-on? (Read 315 times)
oksavage

Re: Who's running a Jardine slip-on?
Reply #15 - 07/11/08 at 19:19:13

I have an 86 with a Jardine.  My dad had the muffler installed and at the time the mechanic said no rejetting was necessary.  However, I get a super loud backfire.  I messed with the idle/mix and now the bike won't start.  Just turns over, you can smell gas, but doesn't fire.  Any suggestions?? choke doesn't help, I'm wondering if the carb is gummed up. BTW when the bike is running I love the sound. It is loud but every Harley around here is running straight pipes it seems.  Also, can you buy jets locally or is it strictly online or ebay??

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 07/11/08 at 20:44:43

Hold your bike up to the monitor, I can't quite see it all...
Hmmm Hmmh, yep to rich.  or you got a stuck float, or it needs cleaning, bad gas, or give the grip a twist.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 07/11/08 at 22:42:38

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 07/10/08 at 19:24:08:
I know lots of folks are running Dyna take-offs.  There is a post in the Technical section entitled "Savage Sounds."  It has recordings of several different mufflers on Savages.  Decibel levels are not listed, but it is quite informative.  I've heard Savage Greg's Raask (loud, harsh, and really studly) and Mrs. Savage Greg (Julie's) Supertrapp (Not obnoxiously loud, cool tone, probably easier to cruise with.)  I liked them both.

I'm an old 35-year-old man, but there is a tiny bit of little boy left in me and he wants a loud motorcycle.  I figure while he's still around, he might as well get what he wants.  Smiley 

I am exactly twice your age (70) and I still don't feel old.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Onetogo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Austin, Texas
Reply #18 - 07/16/08 at 06:17:15

[/quote]
Grin  Your info over there on the left doesn't say where you are from, but I suspect you may not be far from me with a comment like that. [/quote]

Naw Sandy, not from Montana. I'm in Austin, Texas. Jus' got a thing for similies and grew up watching nature shows. Sorta felt like a frustrated old bear unable to figure out how in the heck to get that kooky baffle out of that hollow tube.

Arrrgh ... bang it on a 2x4!!  Cheesy Worked too.

IP Logged
horseshoe_george
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Otisfield, ME
Reply #19 - 07/18/08 at 02:59:26

I really like the sound of my jardine. I get a lot of compliments on it. Not nearly as loud as all the harleys around here with straight pipes. IMO sounds sweet.

'06, TKAT fork brace, 1/3 spacer,155 main/55 pilot, K@N filter, Jardine, NGK irridium plug, Phillips MotoVision +40 orange hue bulb, windscreen, Hagon Shocks
  IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/19/08 at 17:47:14

ok I just installed my slip on.I noticed that there's discoloration on the pipe near the heat shield?Is that normal?What can I use to remove it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:20:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who's running a Jardine slip-on?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.