Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: New Member
Reply #15 - 07/10/08 at 20:05:24

One other thing, if you aren't used to turning wrenches, which I was not.  That write up has lots of details and pictures and information that makes the job sound HUGE.  If you read it while looking at the bike, though, you will see that it is not very complicated.  I printed the thing off, pictures and all, and put it in a binder.  I just packed that out to the bike, sat down with some tools, and got 'er done.  

If I can do it, anyone can.

Good luck,
Sandy

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
bigone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/10/08 at 20:37:27

Thanks Sandy. How long you had your Savage? I am a big man, I am dissabled, got a very weak leg. Love ridingbut had to go to a much lighter bike. The Savage seemed the perfect bike , 650 should be enough power, yet the lightest bike of that size out there. They are good looking too. I am going after a 96 with only 3k miles. The price is 1,850.00. Seems like a great deal to me. What yall think?

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #17 - 07/10/08 at 21:18:15

I got my Savage on April 6th this year.  Depending what you mean by "big man," it should do just fine for you.  If you are over 7 feet tall or 900 pounds, you might have some trouble.  I'm around 6'3" and probably about 185-190 right now.  I run the thing around at 70 mph all the time.  They are sneaky though.  Sometimes I look down and find that it has crept up to 80 when I was looking the other way.

I gave $1500 for my '87 with 3000 miles on it.  Many will say I paid way too much, but in this area, that's about the going rate.  It was in great condition, has been gobs of fun, and is saving me all kinds of fuel money.  I drive a 1 ton diesel when forced into my cage.  I say go for it.  It's what it's worth to you that makes it worth what it's worth.

Sandy

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
bigone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/10/08 at 21:51:42

yup, I saw your picture. You ain't little. I am 280. Just like to ride and save on gas. I go 70 miles one way to see my girl on week ends. It would be all highway miles just about. I been pricing them around here. As long as he kept it in garage it should be a steal. Pitting and rust, might change things a bit. I will know saturday. I hope he ain't a member and reading this.LOL Take care Sandy. Keep the shiny side up.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 07/10/08 at 22:01:25

bigone wrote on 07/10/08 at 19:46:35:
, H-D never had nuttin like this, .