Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Got my savage finally (Read 209 times)
j

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Got my savage finally
Reply #15 - 07/10/08 at 10:32:58

unfortunately the normal suggestions of strap a crate to pillion won't do, because i will be riding with my wife on the back.  I guess some homemade bracket with some homemade saddle bags might have to do.

HC, where did that fieldline backpack strap?  In front of the sissy bar or behind it, allowing a passenger?  You got that in the automotive section?

2005 S40. Dyna muffler. 12.5 Prog Shocks. Socket risers.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 07/10/08 at 18:02:02

As others have said, get some practice before you take your wife with you.  Find a big open parking lot and spend an hour.  The type of stuff you learn in the MSF course.  Low speed handling, then put your wife on the back and do the same thing.  It might be boring, but the last thing you want is a suprise with your wife on the back.  It's ok to make mistakes, but make a mistake in front of your wife and guess what she'll remind you about for the rest of your life.  And that's if a scar it's involved.   Shocked  Would kill me.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 07/10/08 at 19:26:59

I think when you start hauling a passenger you should find some back roads and get used to the weight ,before you start trying to do tight turns in a parking lot.A parking lot isn't a good place to learn to ride a motorcycle

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #18 - 07/10/08 at 19:53:08

Well, you do have to look around pretty hard and find a parking lot with no borrow pits, hills and corners, dogs that chase you out of adjoining trailer parks, traffic (both oncoming and tailgating) logging trucks whipping around and dropping bark on you, etc.  But IF you are able to find such a parking lot, it should be as good as a nice, safe, public roadway to learn on.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:27:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got my savage finally

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.