T-Shirt Design (Read 503 times)
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Re: T-Shirt Design
Reply #15 - 05/16/18 at 10:52:18

ByNucleaRR wrote on 05/13/18 at 08:55:59:
This is sort of a necro-post. The last reply was from 2008. That said, I am a new member but also an illustrator in my free time. I have plans for a t-shirt and once it’s complete will post it on sites like redbubble, t-spring, and spreadshirt. Those are print on demand sites that offer many shirt option as well as phone cases, mugs, and all types of other items. Since a site like that allows forum members to buy the shirt and have it printed, there is no need to find a local screen printer and keep a stock of sizes. It’s also shipped direct to the member.

Great idea nucleaRR! I realize this is an OLD post, but tbink a t-shirt would be cool.
Iike Verslagens idea of just SAVAGE, maybe a "wrap around the torso of shirt illustration of numerous prints,ike stock form of bike, slightly modified, bobbed, chopper, cruiser, flat track, street fighter,
Cafe, etc. Showing a number of styles of mods that can be done to the savage? I picture this in my head, but am by NO MEANS an artist, so i cant even draw what i mean!!!!

I will create a post to show my design idea and progress so that member can contribute. Also, once the shirt goes live the cost will be for the shirt only. Normally with print on demand sites you have to pay for the design too. I’m not looking to make any money, this is just my way to contribute.

« Last Edit: 05/21/18 at 19:20:02 by madmikesmech »  

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #16 - 05/17/18 at 08:50:00

I would like no mention of the word Savage, just a picture of the bike, with the words, " Less Is More".

IP Logged
Dad0220

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/17/18 at 16:44:09

I own a 2006 S40 and would buy a shirt should one become available. Let me know I if it ever happens.
Thanks

IP Logged
NucleaRR
YaBB Newbies

Straight Shoota'

Murland
Reply #18 - 05/18/18 at 18:38:52

I have been extremely busy at work and not had time to draw lately. I am also trying to fix some issues on my bike to get it through inspection. Needs tires and brakes. I have all the parts and will be replacing them this weekend. Once things calm down a bit I will post a mock up of my idea. For now I wanted to keep it basic, though I do like madmikesmech’s idea of a wrap around design.

To give you an idea of what I have in mind... I was basically going to draw the engine as if it is ripping out of a chest. Almost as if it was say the heart... thump, thump, thump.  With just the basic engine, all thumper lovers can appreciate it no matter if they ride a stock or modified Savage/S40. I’m not opppsed to a shirt with many types of modified bikes on it. It’s just that, in my experience the details of the motorcycle bits can get lost in the design. Stay tuned as the drawing will be coming soon.

2005 S40, Raptor mod, flipped risers, Biltwell grips.
Her name is Maila Nurmi but when I am done with her she will be Vampira.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #19 - 05/19/18 at 08:24:09

How about, a single piston and rod ,and the words, all I need is one!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #20 - 05/19/18 at 09:06:00

Not bad. Keeping it simple is a good idea. Too much clutter , then the message gets lost.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #21 - 05/19/18 at 13:20:09

Here is the t-shirt I put together for the Twisted Sisters riders this year.  If you want the artwork for the back of the shirt, let me know.
The "THUMP" was stripped from "THUMPER" on some other post somewhere.  The engine is a picture sent to me by verslagen1, then I took out the back ground.

fb_001.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #22 - 05/21/18 at 19:26:58

NucleaRR, Batman, Hotrod, and Youzguys, all fantastic ideas, this new shirt will go down in HISTORY!!!
LESS IS MORE, Ilike itthe engine jumping out of the chest of the T-shirt.... awesome

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #23 - 05/21/18 at 20:17:15

batman wrote on 05/19/18 at 08:24:09:

I was recently playing around with ideas for a fender badge (to cover the holes from the tail-light), and I had a similar idea. I eventually went a different way, but FWIW, this is as far as I got:

Just adding it to the mix  Wink

Thumpin_Along.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
NucleaRR
YaBB Newbies

Straight Shoota'

Murland
Reply #24 - 05/22/18 at 06:12:53

youzguyz wrote on 05/19/18 at 13:20:09:
Here is the t-shirt I put together for the Twisted Sisters riders this year.  If you want the artwork for the back of the shirt, let me know.
The "THUMP" was stripped from "THUMPER" on some other post somewhere.  The engine is a picture sent to me by verslagen1, then I took out the back ground.

If you have a high resolution picture I could use it, background or not. It will be a illustration, so the picture would be a reference.

I started to mock something up with a picture from my own engine. The pic I took is ok but the engine is in the frame. So a stand alone engine would provide more detail for the top end. Thanks in advance.

I"m glad there is support of this idea. Believe me, I work on the illustration as time allows. It's Commissioning Week and it's pretty busy around here.

2005 S40, Raptor mod, flipped risers, Biltwell grips.
Her name is Maila Nurmi but when I am done with her she will be Vampira.
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #25 - 05/22/18 at 07:46:50

batman wrote on 05/19/18 at 08:24:09:

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #26 - 05/22/18 at 11:42:30

Mike ,that's a mean looking piston ,may have to change the wording a bit ,like- Savage one

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 05/22/18 at 12:11:06

It needs some feathers reminiscent of the savage tank emblem.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #28 - 05/22/18 at 12:16:36

NucleaRR wrote on 05/22/18 at 06:12:53:
youzguyz wrote on 05/19/18 at 13:20:09:

If you have a high resolution picture I could use it, background or not. It will be a illustration, so the picture would be a reference.

I started to mock something up with a picture from my own engine. The pic I took is ok but the engine is in the frame. So a stand alone engine would provide more detail for the top end. Thanks in advance.

I"m glad there is support of this idea. Believe me, I work on the illustration as time allows. It's Commissioning Week and it's pretty busy around here.

Here ya go.

vengine4.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Ides Ov March
YaBB Newbies

Smurfy!!!

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #29 - 04/09/21 at 11:17:31

Old thread, but Curious if there are any savage shirts currently available? Thank you

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 15:18:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › T-Shirt Design

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.