Send Topic Print
27 / 31 HP Savages (Read 139 times)
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

27 / 31 HP Savages
07/07/08 at 14:13:35

Hi. Just bought a 1992 savage, and must say it’s a positive surprise. I’ve been riding Honda CB’s for  many years now,  but I already love the difference ;0)
There is a thing tricking me: The Savage is imported to Denmark from Germany and according to all documents it’s a bike with 27 HP an when I’m looking here and other places I almost only read about savages with 31 HP. Can see in German websites that there’s many 27 HP Savages for sale
Anyone who can tell me the difference? hy it's there? or better!! tell me how to find the last 4 HP?  Wink
Forgive me my “Danish-English”  Smiley
Flemming

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: 27 / 31 HP Savages
Reply #1 - 07/07/08 at 14:35:07

Is it possible one set of specs is measuring "Crankshaft Horsepower" and the other "Rear Wheel Horsepower"? That difference is said to account for 10% - 15%. That could make the 4 HP difference.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/07/08 at 14:48:42

I don't think so. Course on the German websites the 31 HP Bikes is also for sale. Maybe it's a German rule about the age of the rider an up to 27 HP or so. We has that kind ogf laws in Denmark to. I'm sure the 4 HP is hidden somwhere  Smiley and I don't think they would rebuild the hole engine for that? Wish I could wite german, the Savage is very popular there, with several lagre forums, unfortunally wrote in german ( Could be Egnima for my sake Grin don't under stand a word  Smiley)

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 07/07/08 at 15:01:29

This has been discussed recently and my recollection from Bert's old forum in Germany was, there is a (intake?) restrictor plate used to decrease the HP until you qualify for the higher rated license and the plate can be removed. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/07/08 at 16:01:23

Thank you Max. Thought it was something like that. Must be possible to find that plate if I compare with a Clymer drawing and remove it if it's ment to be removed when the driver is old enough to ride a bike  Smiley.
If you have a link to the German site with this issue I would be pleased to see it, maybe my wife can translate it for me  Smiley.
Thanx for the quick anwers BTW - This is a great forum. Learned a lot about the Savage just sitting with my coffee and read the topics

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 07/07/08 at 16:52:52

It is probably in the spigot or mounting flange at the head end of the intake tract. Should be something easy to verify during the TUV inspection there or on the road by the Poletzi during a traffic stop. Bert's forum is down as far as I know. <http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/Fragen/&gt; was the old address. This is the german version I think as it has "de" in the address. The Holland group is pretty active, maybe they can help. Search for them. Good luck, Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 07/07/08 at 17:16:37

isnt there  400 savage in europe??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/07/08 at 17:31:17

If you mean a 400ccm Savage I haven't seen them-heard about them. The stamp on my cylinder says 652ccm (Or ist 653?) so mine is a standard. But after searching on dutch forums as Max sugested I found out that the 27HP has a plastic tube in the caburettor preventing it to open fully. Should be easy to remove he wrote, so I know what to do tomorrow Smiley Remember: The time is 02.30 in the nigth here so I'll find my bed now Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:39:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 27 / 31 HP Savages

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.